Layla isn't going to make it :(

hannahx

Reaction score
:cry::cry:
I posted a few weeks ago about Layla, my friends little girl. She was born at 24+3 weighing 1lb 5oz. She is 2 weeks 3 days old. She has had a few infections but managed to fight them, each time they tried to take her off the ventilator she was too tired. I spoke to her mummy last week and she said she has lost weight and has a bad infection :cry:
I have just recieved a text off her...
"just wanted to let you know layla isn't going to make it, thankyou for your support"
its so so so sad, i just dont know what to say or do for her
Precious little princess Layla is just too precious for this earth :cry:

Oh I am really sorry to hear of this! Poor little baby.
I am not really sure what to say but I didnt want you to think I didnt care!
I hope they can find some peace x

Oh how awful praying for her to be able to fight this bad infection. It must be hard for you too, to know what to say. Just be there for chats and cuddles as I am sure she will need them if wee Layla decides she needs to sleep.

I cannot begin to imagine what your friend is feeling :hugs:

:hugs: so sorry to hear little Layla is not doing as well as hoped, you are all in my thoughts, as Laura has said, mummy and daddy are going to need you now to be there for them whether its to wipe away their tears, as a sounding board, as someone to sit in silence with them and be there, or to let them scream and shout. We are here for you all.

Night night little Layla, mummy and daddy need you to be strong, but if your tired, sleep tight, you will be forever loved, missed and remembered fondly xxxxx

Thanks for the kind words, beautiful layla passed away yesterday afternoon xx

I am truly sorry for your loss. Your friend must be devastated.

RIP Layla, May you watch over your family in this sad time and for the rest of their lives! xxx

oh how sad, thinking of your friend and her family, u are a great friend too

Lou
xxx

Hun, I'm so sorry that your friend is going through this. I really hope that her and her family can find some comfort through this process. Back in 2001, my eldest sister gave birth to a micropreemie, weighing only 1lb 4oz. When he was about 2wks old they called all of us to the hospital and told us that he was not going to pull through. 9yrs later he is bouncing off the walls and you can't even tell that he was a preemie. I really hope Layla finds the strength to pull through. I wish they would stop trying to take her off the vent and gain some more weight first. I really hope things turn for the better. Your friend is most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

another beautiful angel in heaven to watch over the other babies in need :hug:

Sending massive hugs to you and Layla's family. What a terrible thing for them to have to go through. It's good that they have got friends like you to support them though.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sleep tight little Layla xx

I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news - it is heartbreaking.

I home Layla's mummy and daddy find the strength to make it through this difficult time - its such a difficult thing to have to go through.

Sending big hugs to you too.

xxx

Sleep tight you gorgeous angel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe