lazyness even though I'm now on Maternity leave...

McLovin

Reaction score
well I have been on maternity leave for a while now - November 27th was my last day at work. Since then, I have woken up almost every day thinking "please don't come today littleman, I'm far too tired for for childbirth today and the flat isn't clean enough!"

I do have the nesting 'instinct', but no energy to do it!

by the evening I do think "ok i just want you here now please littleman, I will worry about the cleaning later (or get someone else to do it!"

does anyone else have this lazy bug?

or does any one have any motivational words they would like to offer?

NB: our flat isn't a pig sty by the way - it's the big things that need doing - like windows (dont have double glazing so i have to clean the slight mould up every 2 weeks!) and skirting boards kitchen cuboards etc!

i'm like this too hun, i keep thinking to myself when is this nesting going to kick in cause i have a pile of washing i keep putting off.

i have every intention at night to start it the next day but then i will get up exhausted (due to not sleeping) and it just sits there.

I do have random days tho when i HAVE to hoover NOW but other than that i dont know when the energy is going to come to do it. Weird thing is i seem to find the energy to go for at least a 3 mile walk each day lol x

Maybe you could write a list of what chores to do on what days up until your due date? Or maybe ask a friend/sister/whoever to come and help you? I only clean up when Im expecting visits from people lol. Far too lazy.

hahahahah I have the energy to go to the fridge 20 times a day, or to pop to the shops for some nibbles....but still don't seem to have sorted the last few boxes of junk that are littering the nursery. I did manage to put some washing on and do some plates and hoover downstairs today, so yay me!!!!!

lol same here, have become so lazy it's really bad, hopefully i'll snap out of it and be more motivated when he's here, hope so cos i sposed to be going back to work month or so after! feel so lazy at the moment cos of the transition from work to doing not a lot, as i have no other kids to look after and live with parents til january, i don't have to pull my weight much having it amazingly easy. make the most of the quiet i guess eh! soon shall be turned into super mummy machines juggling 50 things at once on auto pilot hehe x

Glad it is not just me!

I have been on mat leave for a week and finding it really hard to get motivated. Have my first load of baby sheets and clothes in the washer right now and that is all I have done this week!!! Bag is not even packed!!!!

Yup me too and I have two other babies too run around after too (well 4 & 2) but always babies :)

I get excited for 7oclock ish so I can get in my pjamas again ;) xx

Nope no motivational words form me I havent had any nesting energy at all. I'm far too pooped to do much more than 1 job a day.

Not just me then! I was working sooooo hard up to 38 weeks, putting in 15 hour days at work then moved house, since then have just stopped and done nothing! I just about manage to get up and dressed and make myself huge amounts of food! I am telling myself this is my body's way of resting and recovering from all the hard work ready for labour!

i did nothing for 4 weeks after i stopped working, but then i really got on with things - maybe your body just needs to rest

I've been off work since I was 28 weeks and I've been the same since then - how lazy am i??!!

I kind of have days where I don't stop, then the next day where I don't even get dressed....so I've not been a complete and utter slob (only slobbed 75% of the time :haha: )

I say make the most of your lazy time cos I doubt we'll get much of it when babies arrive xx

I am quite sure I will be exactly the same way. It's just the way I operate - I am far more productive during the week, when I'm working, than I am over the weekend! On Saturday/Sunday I am more than happy to stay in my flat all day and chill out. If I have errands or social engagements, I greatly prefer doing them in the evening Mon-Fri. For me it's the whole inertia thing...

Objects in motion tend to stay in motion; objects at rest tend to stay at rest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->