le sigh

Mandykins

Reaction score
I am so overly emotional today I just want to stay in bed and cry!!!
I was talking to a friend, all happy things......burst into tears.
I am stressed about going to my first prenatal visit on Thursday. They told me that they are not doing an ultrasound and I guess I am a little upset about that.
I read about people getting them done so early to make sure all is well and to determine due date. I am 9 weeks and a bit (I think, Hard to know with how "spontaneous" my visits were) And I am confused about why they would not do one =(
I really want everything to be alright...this is my first baby and first pregnancy and I have no idea what to expect or what is going on.
I don't have a family doctor because we only moved here a little while ago and no one is accepting new patients. So I have to go off of what a clinic says.
I am so worried and I know that there is nothing that I can do about it....but I'm allowed =S

Anyways that is my I wanna cry all day rant...I know the smallest thing makes me so sad. Even though what I am upset about makes no sense.

Now I am going to watch Wall-E and cry like a baby

Dont you just LOVE hormones!
Im sure it will all get better soon, Just think theres millions of people worse of out there:)
Have a happy and healthy 9 months
X

Hi Mandykins

It is normal to feel stressed and emotional when there is a big vacuum of information. Scans are usually only done early when there have been complications with a previous pregnancy, you have been under fertility treatment or have been suffering pains and spotting in this pregnancy.

I know you want to be sure that everything is OK with your baby, but actually it is good news that you don't have to go for an ultrasound because that means that your midwife team is not concerned about your pregnancy in any way at all.

You say your 9 1/2 weeks - that means approx 2 1/2 weeks to go till your 12 week scan.

In the early stages of pregnancy every little molehill can seem like a mountain, with all those hormones rampaging - its no wonder.

In terms of your Doctor - the NHS is all about patient-centred care - you have a right to a Doctor - so find out who your Primary Care Trust is and contact them - explain your situation and that it is not acceptable that you will not be accepted onto anyone's books. They will soon find you a Doctor I'm sure.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"