Leading waters vs. discharge

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of very watery discharge lately and so far I have just assumed its normal discharge but now I'm concerned that if my waters start leaking I won't be able to tell the difference. This is my first baby so not really sure what to expect from waters leaking, obviously I'll know if they go with a pop but I'm not sure I'll know if its a slow leak. Can anyone tell me what to expect so I know how to tell the difference between my waters and normal discharge. I'm also wondering if its possible to have your waters go without losing your plug or having a show? I'd really appreciate some advice thank you.

I thought I was leaking 2 weeks ago and I went to get assessed to check, give you MW a call to ask her what the next steps are. Best to get checked and put your mind at ease x

I though i was leaking on Sunday as i'd soaked through my leggings and a pad in the space of a few hours but when i went and got checked out it was just very watery discharge, they took a swab to make sure that there was no infection though as sometimes that can emulate your waters leaking apparently. If you get worried anytime its always best to ring your midwife and ask her advice or ring your antenatal unit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->