Leaking waters, legs rubbing (pos TMI for some!)

A

anothersquish

My waters have been leaking constantly for over a week now, this is nothing anyone is worried about. Baby is absolutely fine. The tear is small and is expected to heal itself. The problem actually is that I have to wear a pad all the time if I am wearing clothes (have to wear those if I leave the house!!!) otherwise I end up looking like Ive wet myself. Now I have SPD which isnt horrific but it does cause me pain when walking and therefore I think I have unconciously adjusted my gait and it means that the pad is rubbing my thighs causing VERY painful sores.
I HAVE to wear pads with wings else the fluid leaks out the sides after not very long which again leaves the "wet-my-pants" look. Its the very edges (where I bend the wings over my pants) that are rubbing my thighs as I walk and causing the sores. I have, of course, tried to use sterile dressings when I need to wear trousers to cover the sores, I am applying sudocream two/three times a day and leaving "open to air" as much as possible (whenever I am home!!) Just a bit stumped now :dohh:
The sores hurt a lot, it gets to the point of tears as I cant adjust how I walk because of the SPD!! Im just wondering if anyone has ANY suggestions....types of towels, cream, dressings which give extra padding and are non stick....anything!
I just sit on a towel when Im at home and generally have legs akimbo to dry out and try to heal the sores :blush: they arent infected, am being very careful with it as dont need anything else to deal with :dohh:
I am picking up some crutches on Monday and back to the doctor to see if they have anything to say about it...maybe some magic cream!

sorry i dont really know what to suggest...would a thicker pad mean you would be able to go without the wings? maybe just keep applying the cream and hope it sorts itself out! x

Theres a new cream you can buy not sure who makes it but thats for chaffing it might help x

do you think you could maybe put some gauze over the sores and wrap the area with ace bandages? It wouldn't be very comfortable but then the pad would be rubbing the bandage, not your skin...I'm sorry you're dealing with this :(

how about vasaline or talc powder to stop them from rubbing? painful i know xx

I didnt want to read and run, you seem to be trying most things I would think of. You can get those very attractive nappy like pads- that are incredibly thick- would this stop the waters leaking? I would also suggest using vaseline, or bandages around your legs so the wings rub them not your poor skin.

Take care, I hope the tear sorts itself out soon. x x

cant use tampax, tampons are a BIG no no in pregnancy so its pads or nothing.
I did try maternity pads but they leaked. I also did use a bit of vaseline but it soaked through the lightweight trousers I keep wearing...opps!!
Just going to try as I am, keep them covered when Im wearing clothes and uncovered when Im at home....and hope for magic cream from doctors on monday!

not sure if this will help in any way whatsoever but I have quite small hips (god help me in child birth!!!) but because of this my legs rub together at the top and I get awful chaffing especially in the summer- my two tips to you are:

-sudocrem followed by vaseline
-cut the legs off tights (so can wear with skirts and under shorts in this weather) and wear them high up so as to prevent skin to skin contact
-wear nothing on bottom half in bed and whenever you can

not 100% sure this will solve your prob but seems to work for me for my prob- I really feel for you though hon- sounds horrible! :hugs:

Hi hun when my waters broke with Lottie ( a constant trickle) i wore maternity pads and they seemed to work ok as they are so much thicker, as for the sores i reckon sudacreme is probably your best bet! Hope it gets better for you soon x

Maybe you could try incontinence pads, the type that are a full knicker (like a nappy if you will)? I know that sounds horrific and you could potentially make a rustling noise when you walk but nothing a pair of tights wouldn't sort. As for the sores in the meantime, sudocrem is your friend and afterwards lanacane for the chafing? I've never used it but seen adverts on the TV. Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->