leap pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
I was thinking on getting one of these for my 4 year old, I'm just wondering who has them and for what age? Also any other sudjestions on learning kids tablets? Thanks!

DS has one he got it last year. I'd say he is really just getting into it now. He prefers the ipad when he can get his hands on it but I would never buy a preschooler and ipad.
It has managed to cope with various bumps and knocks. It is fairly responsive but the games take longer to load than that ipad.

Leappad do app of the week at 40% of and games are discounted for various reasons. Today is 25% of all apps.

DS has one he got it last year. I'd say he is really just getting into it now. He prefers the ipad when he can get his hands on it but I would never buy a preschooler and ipad.
It has managed to cope with various bumps and knocks. It is fairly responsive but the games take longer to load than that ipad.

Leappad do app of the week at 40% of and games are discounted for various reasons. Today is 25% of all apps.

That's good to no as I got 1 for my 3 1/2 year old for the same reason I was not buying a 3 year old an iPad I wanted something more age appropriate. He dose enjoy a couple of apps on my phone
Thanx for posting the thread 2 x

That's the reason I'm buying my son One too because he loves my tablet but I'm not buying one of those for him at this age, I was thinking the innotab, but we will see I suppose lol

That's the reason I'm buying my son One too because he loves my tablet but I'm not buying one of those for him at this age, I was thinking the innotab, but we will see I suppose lol

I got the leapfrog leappad ultra was a good price in argos £65 I'm sure. Xx

I completely agree with this. DD really enjoys using the leappad and I can see it growing with her over the next couple of years. The games we've had have all been very good and the tablet is a lot more responsive that I was expecting- there are slight delays as you load the game etc but once in the game I'd say it's very responsive. You can buy the download cards on offer (check amazon etc) and leapfrog often do offers as Tommyg has said. Games are expensive at full price but they are often on offer for at least 50% off.

It's not the same as an iPad but it doesn't pretend to be. DD still plays apps and looks at photos on our iPads so for us it's not a case of one or the other. She happily uses both in different ways.

Another thought for you is the apps that are downloaded can be put on 5 leappad provided they are on the same parent account. So if in a year or so DS2 gets one you can automatically give him the same apps.

I ended up going with the innoTab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back