Leapfrog - Leapstart

Babybump87

Reaction score
Hey
I've posted a thread awhile back but now as the big day approaches looking into it more !

Would anyone recommend the Leapstart Leapfrog . Will it be any good for a 4 year old (5 in Feb) ?

Any other recommendations please and experiences ! Thank you ! X

Personally the way things are now and going if it budgets I'd go for a kindle and apps.

My 2 got leapfrog story books with pens etc younger and must admit the novelty wore off, or we couldn't find the pen. Addition book costs weren't cheap etc

I second a tablet with paid educational apps. They’ve been really beneficial for us, so much so that I wouldn’t even think about buying something like that now because the iPad can do everything and more that they can do at a fraction of the cost for the educational apps. Obviously depending which device you brought the initial cost would be more but it’s something that’ll grow through the years with your child.
Rio does his homework on the schools website on his now!

I've not bought the leap pad, but have got dd things like vetch learning tablet and writing thing (can't recall the names exactly, sorry) and she loves them for a day or so and then they go in the 'never to be used again' pile. That's the reason I've not bought the leap pad for her. My mom got her an ipad for her birthday last year, and it has tons of free apps. TBH though, she enjoys the non tech things more, like writing tablets and books and workbooks. She loves workbooks. Personally, I'd go with a tablet (ipad or kindle fire) instead of something like the Leap pads, as I think it would be more useful in the long run.

I nearly got it for my youngest but I’m going to get him a cheap tablet instead

Thanks everyone

She already has an IPad well it's mine but she uses it more than me and I have personalised it for her and she has a few games on there which she loves ...

Maybe it's time I take mine back and get her a new one !

I do want to get her something that will last a few years and it seems most of your children have got bored or fed up with it ! Maybe I will leave it then and have a look more into a new iPad .

Thanks everyone !

Kirsty DD actually came home last day of term with log in detials for school projects and homework Crazy ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->