Leaping over for the final trimester ~ Hi!! xx

^^ I just started my hospital bag last night :). My mum got me a cosmetic bag full of nic naks (cotton buds, cotton wool balls, shampoo etc) ive added little bits like make up remover and chapstick. Also got some thick maternity pads - sexy :haha:.

I love doing the hospital bag part :cloud9: xx

Nice to see more due end of April babies :)
Now its February it seems so much closer! I have also been starting to think about my hospital bag, ive got to start buying what I need!

All I've got right now is his clothes, muslins, bibs, crib & bedding, couple of teddies .... that's it omg!

Every time I start trying to pack my hospital bag it looks like I'm going on a week long vacation! Haha any tips for first timers? Also this may be a silly question but is there a specific brand of maternity pads meant for after birth or is it just really heavy duty period pads?

Ditto on the February shock! :shock:. Could of swore we were still in jan for a few more days, only realised when dh turned the calendar over! Seems wierd that were technically 1 calender month away from April (as were feb now, just March to go!) - pity we're not due till end of April! Lol.

I've got a ton of clothes for little man thanks to kind friends - just need to pick the perfect going home outfit :cloud9: xxx

Every time I start trying to pack my hospital bag it looks like I'm going on a week long vacation! Haha any tips for first timers? Also this may be a silly question but is there a specific brand of maternity pads meant for after birth or is it just really heavy duty period pads?

Lol I haven't attempted my bag yet, but babies is almost done. I'm figuring very little makeup and yoga pants so clothes wise I'll be packing very light.

As for pads I just bought the biggest thickest ones I could find...with wings lol. I can't remember the last time I bought pads until that point. I think I got Always brand. Also picked up some tucks, extra witch hazel, the blue can of dermoplast, and some Colace to put in my bag as well. I've read plenty of articles that these items are a must for after baby is born.

:hi: I'm 28 weeks today, due April 27th so figured I'd best make the leap to 3rd tri! Slightly terrified at how quickly it's all coming round but can't wait to meet little bubs!! Nice to find some ladies round the same date - be fun to count down with you guys!
I hadnt even thought about a hospital bag yet! And still need to sort out nursery! We have all the furniture and stuff just need to pack up all our stuff as it's still currently the spare room!!

I agree on the thickest pads! :haha:. I used boots maternity pads last time and they were good, feels huge when wearing them but soaked up some of the after goo - just change them frequently. Ill be taking 20 pads again.

Your bag will be huge first time round, there's no denying it :rofl:. I took LOADS, but I cant think of what I 'didnt' need. Will be taking more food and a plastic jug this time, I cannot prepare you for how much a post pee stings! Pouring warm water on your bits eases it ten fold :thumbup: xx

:hi: I'm 28 weeks today, due April 27th so figured I'd best make the leap to 3rd tri! Slightly terrified at how quickly it's all coming round but can't wait to meet little bubs!! Nice to find some ladies round the same date - be fun to count down with you guys!
I hadnt even thought about a hospital bag yet! And still need to sort out nursery! We have all the furniture and stuff just need to pack up all our stuff as it's still currently the spare room!!

Welcome over :hugs:. It certainly is speeding up - not that far from 30 weeks! :shock:. We've still got to get nursery sorted out - need hubby to wallpaper then I can push the furniture back into place.

Can't wait till April's here!! :happydance: xxxx

I just looked up boots maternity pads and they don't sell them in Canada :( bummer. I'll just have the find the most heavy duty pad they have and change it often I guess. Should be a real shock as I was on the pill before getting pregnant so haven't had a real period in like 8 years, let alone a bleed like the kind one experiences after birth! Oh the joys hahaha

Ahhhh, didnt see your country - guess they must have equivalent pads in Canada. I had a shower immediately after birth (midwife dressed baby) - was nice to blast away all the surface blood and have a good clean, looks like a horror show in the shower but im doing it again this time :thumbup: xx

I think (not 100% sure!) I'd like a water birth and that is partly due to feeling like I wont be completely covered in goo afterwards!!
This is my first though so do put me straight if I'm just kidding myself and goo is going to happen at a high level anyway!!

I have my 2 hour GTT in the morning - so not looking forward to the only drinking water bit!! Its not even the fasting, that I can deal with but I hate plain water!!

^^ Good luck on the GTT tomorrow! I really feel for you as I have mine on Friday - absolutely bricking it. I hated it last time and will do this time. Make sure you take a good book and drink plenty of water beforehand (and stuff yourself before 10pm the night before! :haha:).

Not got any idea on a water birth, not something ive really thought about. Most people's stories have only been positive (reduced pain etc), and yeh you could use it as a self clean :winkwink:

Xx

I did by GTT at 24 weeks and passed.. thank goodness!

I am still in denial about packing my birth bag.. it's all creeping up on me too quick.

Thank goodness that's done! I was told not to eat after 8pm so I made dinner early so that I could have a snack before 8pm and then I wasn't hungry!! (till 8.30pm then I was starving!! :dohh:)
I was doing ok till the last 30 mins before the second blood test then I became very lightheaded and feeling sick!! But all done now and had some toast! Good luck on Friday hope it goes well for you xx

I did by GTT at 24 weeks and passed.. thank goodness!

I am still in denial about packing my birth bag.. it's all creeping up on me too quick.

Congrats on passing! Its a hurdle I like to get over with quickly! Yeh time is flying, I love to plan stuff so having a hospital bag to sort out puts me in my element :D xx

Thank goodness that's done! I was told not to eat after 8pm so I made dinner early so that I could have a snack before 8pm and then I wasn't hungry!! (till 8.30pm then I was starving!! :dohh:)
I was doing ok till the last 30 mins before the second blood test then I became very lightheaded and feeling sick!! But all done now and had some toast! Good luck on Friday hope it goes well for you xx

Well done for getting through it! I think its a given that half hour after your eating time limit - you suddenly become starving! Im the same :haha:

Im also crap with the test, I passed out last time i had bloods so not holding out much hope. Just hope the 2h fly by. There's a nice cafe in the antenatal building a will get a sandwich and coffee afterwards.

Ive just been to hospital for my anti-d injection and the little vampires took blood from me! Totally not expected :brat:. All was fine so shouldn't moan too much. I have my standard midwife tomorrow (blood pressure check etc). Busy week! Xx

I have my glucose test and anti d shot tomorrow as well. It's only the one hour one though and I have my drink already, so I get to drink it and go to the appt instead of sitting there waiting around. And I have another sono to check the amniotic fluid level. And then we have our 3d scan on Saturday. So excited for that. Definitely preparing to fail the gtt test though.

Yeah they took extra blood today to check for something to do with anti-d (my midwife did explain but I have this really bad issue of forgetting what she says when it comes to having bloods taken! It took me 3 appointments to remember to have my blood type taken!! :dohh: ) I have my next check up next Tues so should get my gtt results then and have my whooping cough vaccine after work on wed - gonna ask for it in my right arm this time! When I had my flu jab they did it in my left arm as I'm right handed but then I couldn't sleep for a week as they tell ya to sleep on your left side but my arm was bruised and it hurt to lay on!!!

Found out I had a huge size increase on my fundal height measurement.. so if I get another huge increase, they will do a growth scan on me.. I kind of hope I get to see her again :)

Met with my pediatrician today. I really like their office.. super friendly.

Found out I had a huge size increase on my fundal height measurement.. so if I get another huge increase, they will do a growth scan on me.. I kind of hope I get to see her again :)

We're supposed to be meeting with pediatricians? Uh oh lol

I am probably on the earlier side of meeting with a pediatrician.. But I am slammed at work, and we are getting ready to close on a house in the next month, so getting some of the smaller things out of the way. I just called a pediatrician that I had been referred to, and went in, had a meet and greet, gave them some information, and let them know of anything I was concerned about. Someone from their practice will come to the hospital when she is born. You aren't behind :)

I have my glucose test and anti d shot tomorrow as well. It's only the one hour one though and I have my drink already, so I get to drink it and go to the appt instead of sitting there waiting around. And I have another sono to check the amniotic fluid level. And then we have our 3d scan on Saturday. So excited for that. Definitely preparing to fail the gtt test though.

Hope your gtt and anti d went ok :). Why do you think you'll fail gtt?
Bet you cant wait till Saturday, be sure to post some pics :cloud9: xx

Yeah they took extra blood today to check for something to do with anti-d (my midwife did explain but I have this really bad issue of forgetting what she says when it comes to having bloods taken! It took me 3 appointments to remember to have my blood type taken!! :dohh: ) I have my next check up next Tues so should get my gtt results then and have my whooping cough vaccine after work on wed - gonna ask for it in my right arm this time! When I had my flu jab they did it in my left arm as I'm right handed but then I couldn't sleep for a week as they tell ya to sleep on your left side but my arm was bruised and it hurt to lay on!!!

I also had my whooping cough vaccination today (totally unexpected!). Arm hurts like hell if I lift it too high. Definitely wont be sleeping on it tonight! Xx

How much difference was there in your fundal height? I got measured a week ahead today but midwife just said expect it to be a big baby! :wacko: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->