Learned the Hard way not to share that we are TTC

Margaret1

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a newbie. We have been trying since August but I realize now that I should be taking my temps and charting. The only thing we are doing so far is the BD every second day.
Initially my husband and I shared with a few close friends that we were TTC. After the first couple of months I realized that in doing that we were putting extra pressure on us to concieve. I was beginning to feel like a failure. We decided to tell everyone we've put TTC on hold for now, and it has made things so much better. I don't feel that extra pressure.
Well hopefully this month will be the one. I am 2 dpo so the waiting begins. Going to try to keep myself busy so I don't think about to too much. Thank goodness for this group, it will help me keep my sanity :headspin:

Good luck to you! I regret telling people too. We told my our parents and a few close family members. Now, when AF shows up, I not only get to feel like a failure to myself, but I have to tell everyone that I failed this month as well. It sucks. I might do what you did and tell them we are waiting. Then they will be even more surprised when we get a :bfp:. :)

That sounds like a great idea. I've never told anyone that we were TTC, but after my miscarriage last Nov, I guess people would know now. I was 14 weeks and we had already told people we were expecting. Ah well.

We started ttc in August, too. I thought we weren't telling people, only to find out that DH had told basically his entire family. Men. :)
So I have told a couple close friends, but none of my family. It only stinks when I get upset over it and I can't talk to my mom about it, since I talk to her about everything else. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer and then I can just tell them all that we're expecting. Of course, then comes the question of whether to tell right away or wait a few months.
When we were pregnant with #1, we were ntnp, so we didn't know quite as early as we will this time. If I get a BFP only 10-14 dpo, it'll be even harder to wait until the 12 week mark to start telling people.
Ah, but all of this is wishful thinking until that BFP actually comes.
Margaret1, can you believe you've been trying for almost 6 months? It kind of scares me. I didn't think it would take this long. It never occurred to me that it might NOT happen right away.

Welcome to the forum :hi:

I think we've all blurted it out and regretted it at some point. :hugs:

I had a friend asking me last night who I felt like punching in the face (details are in my journal in my sig) and I could have just cried.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->