Leather sofas with kids?!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Is this a good or bad idea I'd have thought a better idea than cottom but since babies are sicky and accidents etc OH seems to think it will get ruined?

Any feedback - recommendations?

x

I'd kill for a leather sofa, mine is always ackky
they wipe clean really easily
the only thing i would say is when missy moo is older it could be a problem if she has buckles on her shoes, you'd really have to watch that

Sadly kitty is being rehomed on Wednesday :(

Oh dear! Can't say I've had any experience with kids on them. My uncle has always had leather sofas and his kids don't seem to have done any damage to them..

we have one and have two girls. they wipe clean which is great cos they spill food and drink on it all the time. i also have a puppy who loves sleeping on it and again she leaves paw prints on it so its great to just wipe it clean. i use baby wipes. i just don't let the girls on it with shoes on. i would totally recommend them. oh and it is sooooo comfy :D

i would have thought it would be wipe clean, less sticky than a normal sofa!

if your gonna go leather, dont go cheap leather, and do not go cream! mine is wrecked!!!!!

i got a 3 piece from argos(wasnt tht bloody cheap at £800 either!) and honestly its so tinkyish :lol: i hate it lol want a new 1 :hissy:

I posted one in the shop drop section.

I really want it but cannie afford right now Gr!

We got ours from Argos and apart from it being alot smaller than we expected, we love it! :)

My sofa now came from Argos and like you girls it arrived a bit teeny :lol: Its fabric though :D!

damn u wobbs.. i wanna decorate even more now :rofl: my excuse being.. i paid £1265 for my venture pics.. so i need to accord the decor to it? feesable? what u reckon :rofl:

I could easily max my card out! I'm fedup of my sofa now but I know he'd have a :hissy: - probably rightly since we need Caitlins nursery furniture when we move haha I need to get back to work and the usual sort finances out blah blah blah this kid needed returning :rofl:

we got one over 4 1/2 years ago and since then we've had 2 little ones. Its great to be able just to wipe it and with both little ones having reflux a cloth sofa would have been ruined by now.

I would definitely get one but dont allow shoes near it and get the best and ttoughest quaility of leather you can afford. I just make my little ones wear slippers in the house :lol:

Leather is so much easier than cloth. we had a cloth one when nicole was a baby and it was a nightmare, especially when baby is on sofa and their nappy leaks!!! so not good.

Leather you can wipe clean, so doesnt matter about leakages, spillages etc...

Oh god yeah, leather definitely, but buy the leather cleaner to wipe clean though because you can damage the leather if you use household products to clean.
We are on our second, the first one I used to clean with spray Dettol etc... and it cracked and peeled...We have lived and learned!
-The one we have now is in great condition as I clean it with proper leather cleaner now. Its also insured!

Wobbs, leather is great with kids. Especially the darker colored ones...black, burgundy.

We had one and it lasted great!

BTW, make sure you what you get is real leather. Some advertise real leather, but it's not. Or some have real leather in the back, but the seats are vinyl.

Ordered one now - Land of leather so it better be leather lol 3 seater is 299 promotion price then 599 after promotion! and the 2 seater with!

AND its black :lol:

Rachie what about quick cleans? Like babies bottle, sicky over it? I'd have used wipes :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->