Leather sofas with kids?!

Wobbles, there was one reason we had to get rid of our leather sofa. Watch for the baby bottles getting in between the leather cushions and the cloth or netting underneath where there is no leather. Ours started smelling foul because of the kids milk bottles getting caught inbetween this area and the milk dripping out. Definitely hard to clean in that area.

Wobbles for little spillages I do use baby wipes, but a couple of times a week I use the leather cleaner as its a protector too...and its not expensive! - My Mom gets me a Leather cleaner called "Its a wipeout leather protector" from the pound shop, and the leather comes up lovely!

Pound shop :shock: I noticed the stuff is like near £50 - typically!

and 'son of a gun' is really good for shining it up too

Pound shop :shock: I noticed the stuff is like near £50 - typically!

I know Wobbs, thats what I thought...I thought it would be pants too, but its not. We use it on our car seats too!

I have a leather sofa (although no baby at moment) and there really easy to clean, i use babywipes on mine comes up lovely, and as someone mentioned they sell cheapy leather wipes at pound shops, they too are good, think tesco sell some cheapish leather pipes too that i've used. My sister has two kids that throw milk all over her sofas and it just wipes off, doesn't smell or anything. I ould make sure you get a hard wearing leather tho. and probably black leather!

I got a leather one 5 years ago. Its had vomit, poo, wee, everything on it from babies, and it's still in perfect condition now. One of the best things i ever bought. Don't do cream though, dirt gets in the grain. I got black cos it dunt show the muck. (I do clean it really)

yea i agree with the non cream thing lol!!! never again!!!

we have ablack leather sofa. the only thing i dont like is that you cant take the cushions off ours and the filling has lost its puffiness. just have to try and hoover between the cushions really well.

We have a cream leather suite and Bf's sons are 4 and 8 and its absolutely fine. We dont wear shoes in this room and the boys know if they jump on it etc they have to sit on the floor hehe they dont like that so have learnt quick!
I just wash it with warm soapy water once a week as the dye from your jeans etc can darken it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->