• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leave my belly alone!!

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
I’m not talking strangers here. I’m talking family members. My mum and sister in particular. It’s like they think that because they’re relatives I’m open viewing and they can just rub away!!
It’s really starting to annoy me. Yesterday, I was out with a large group of friends. My mum was at the same event. She asked me if I thought I would fit into the outfit I was wearing for much longer and then just leant forward to rub my stomach. I just moved away out of reach and she walked off and didn’t speak to me for the rest of the day (which is fine by me…my mum and myself don’t exactly have a close relationship).
I don’t mind if people ASK if they can ‘have a feel’ but when people decide to just help themselves to my body it really annoys me!

Just needed to vent a bit. Hormonal today I think :)

I'm the same the only person I'm totally comfortable having their hands on my bump is my OH, anyone else it really irritates me if they don't ask!

I'm only 13.5 weeks and I've already had a handful of people touch my belly. I'm like "errr....why are you rubbing the hamburger I just ate??"

I HATE being touched at the best of times but when I am pregnant, just don't. Don't F**ken dare. We had one relative (I can't stand her) via marriage when I was heavily pregnant last year just come up and rub my belly. Nope. I looked at her and I told her point blank, 'don't help yourself to my belly. It's NOT public property nor do I like you! She stormed off and had a few words with my partner, MIL and her sister and all 3 of them told her she got what she deserved. I will tolerate my partner but that is as far as it goes!

Even my DH has asked if I'm OK with him touching my belly. I'm more than happy for him to do it. I don't mind at all. Anyone else and it just really irritates me.

Am I the only person who doesn't really mind? Haha. Well to be honest it's not so much that I don't mind and more that no one does that to me! I don't think in this pregnancy or my first I've had anyone try to touch my bump without asking! Who are all these rude people you all know haha

My husband can touch my belly, no one else besides my 2 year old daughter who tries to make it go away by pushing it in. Lol. Every one else just annoys the crap out of me. It's gotten bad enough I don't like leaving my house because strangers do it and it freaks me out. Hasn't happened as much this pregnancy I must be giving of evil vibes or something. Lol

I went the route of reaching out and rubbing their stomach while maintaining eye contact and saying "Bit weird when people do that, isn't it?"

Solved the problem. ;)

I went the route of reaching out and rubbing their stomach while maintaining eye contact and saying "Bit weird when people do that, isn't it?"

Solved the problem. ;)

:haha: I did this when pregnant with my DD. Worked a treat. I've not had any strangers try yet, but my mum and sister are driving me crazy!

I don't like the touching either, it's just awkward even with my family *shrugg* . My cousin told me she absolutely loved people rubbing her belly cause it felt good to her. I'm not sure if I could get used to it. Usually I wear loose clothing and I'm also plus size at 20 weeks so it's just starting to become obvious I think but my clothes help with warding off strangers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->