Leaving a bf baby all day?

supertabby

Reaction score
DS is 6 months old, he used to take a bottle ok (not enthusiastically but he'd take a bit) but for the last 2 or 3 months he's point blank refused a bottle. We've tried different bottles (inc the Medela Calma) and tried giving at different times, before hungry, when hungry, me giving, hubby giving, etc. Nothing seems to work.

I've got an opportunity to go on a course at work in a couple of weeks (I'm on maternity leave right now). It's a course I want to go on, plus I'll get a day's pay for it. Trouble is the course is 8.30-4 and with travel time it means DS would go from 7.30am till 5pm without a breastfeed. I was going to say no but hubby thinks I should go.

He's just started solids yesterday (blw but I might consider some spoon feeding if it helps get some extra food into him). He's on 9th centile, born on 25th so I worry anyway about his intake although hv isn't worried.

What would you do?

Are you planning to go back to work later on? It may be an ideal time for a trial run. Even if he doesn't have any milk the whole day he won't starve, and he may take a bottle when you're not there. I think I'd go for it.

Mine has never taken a bottle, and we tried many! He finally started using a sippy cup at 6 months and will now drink out of it like nobody's business. You just might have to try a few to find the right one.
Also, if desperate, mine does well when I use a straw. I put it in a cup, put my finger of the top of the straw and stick it in his mouth. Let go a little at a time and pretty soon he will be sucking on it on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->