Leaving for Ireland on Monday...questions!!!

Warby

Mom of four monkey-moos
Reaction score
I am SO EXCITED for my Irish holiday. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! A bit nervous about the long flight with my very busy 17 month old, but it is overnight so hopefully he will sleep.

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. What is the number you call if you have a medical or other emergency? It is 911 here but I think it is a different number there.

2. Someone told me that in Ireland, the drinking and driving laws are so strict, you can't even have one drink and then drive home. Someone else told me that the laws are based on alcohol consumption in relation to blood volume (blood alcohol levels).

To be clear, I am not going to get drunk and then drive. I NEVER do that. However, once or twice I might like to have a pint of beer with dinner, linger a while, and then drive home. In no way do I believe that a single pint of beer would render me unable to drive safely. Also, at the wedding we will be attending, there will probably be toasting. Is this level of responsible drinking, and then driving afterwards, legal?

3. We are staying in Donore and the wedding is at Slane castle. Any tips on sights to see or things to do?

4. Can anyone comment on the weather in that area of late?

Thanks!!

I am SO EXCITED for my Irish holiday. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! A bit nervous about the long flight with my very busy 17 month old, but it is overnight so hopefully he will sleep.

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. What is the number you call if you have a medical or other emergency? It is 911 here but I think it is a different number there.it's 999 or 112

2. Someone told me that in Ireland, the drinking and driving laws are so strict, you can't even have one drink and then drive home. Someone else told me that the laws are based on alcohol consumption in relation to blood volume (blood alcohol levels). youcan have one drink - it is based on your blood alcohol levels, but be careful the roads are not the best here and there are a LOT of slow moving vehicles

To be clear, I am not going to get drunk and then drive. I NEVER do that. However, once or twice I might like to have a pint of beer with dinner, linger a while, and then drive home. In no way do I believe that a single pint of beer would render me unable to drive safely. Also, at the wedding we will be attending, there will probably be toasting. Is this level of responsible drinking, and then driving afterwards, legal?

3. We are staying in Donore and the wedding is at Slane castle. Any tips on sights to see or things to do? no idea sorry, I've not been there, but it looks lovely, enjoy

4. Can anyone comment on the weather in that area of late?hahaha well last week we had a heat wave (seriously it was too hot!!) this week it's been warm but wet, today looks lovely but who knows this is Ireland!!!

Thanks!!

hope you have a fab time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"