Leaving her so early ..

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
My mum has offered to have Brooke on new years eve so me and Carl can go out and celebrate or more than likely stay home and catch up on some sleep lol

Im just feeling unsettled about it, shes not even 2 weeks old yet and i dont know about her being gone for the whole night. Of course i dont doubt my mum for a second but i worry Brooke will miss me, or i keep thinking "will she be ok without me"

Any words of advice or wisdom ladies to help me feel a bit better about leaving her or should i not leave her so soon? Youve all probably done it before, so if you did how did it go when you left your LO for the first time for the night?

When Josh was about 8 weeks my mom came over to mines to baby sit him while we were going to the grandprix weekend. She looked after him at night even though we were home. She slept in his bedroom and took care of him all night. I didn't want Josh to be away from us for the night.. !! It was a lot easier for me to know he was in the room next to ours with my mom than knowing he was not at home.

We had an amazing night of sleep!!!

Maybe you could ask her to take care of her at your home? xx

Its always hard leaving them for the first few times, do what your comfortable with, id say go out even if its only for a few hours. x

My words of wisdom...Take your mom up on the offer! I think you need the time hon! :hugs:

my mum had archie on my bday wen he was like only just over 3 weeks and i was really nervous hun but if im honest i think its better doing it ealier rather then later as it will be even harder the later it gets and plus it was soooo good getting some sleep man jus have a cupple of boozies to help u sleep lol xx

I stil haven't left Oliver yet. Not even for half an hour! Not sure if I could. But if you're happy, then go for it. Lord knows, we deserve a break! As some of the others have said - could she maybe come to you?
Good luck x x

my xmas do was my first time away for a few hours - Erin was 6 wks old. I think if you feel ready then its ok and you certainly shouldn't feel guilty! My biggest worry was that Erin wouldn't even miss me!

I went out for a night out at the club when Helena was a month old and had a BLAST. She will be fine and so will you. We all need a little "me" time! Plus it is with someone you trust :) I left her alone with Brian before that a few times as well.

my son was 18 months+ before he stayed at grandmas over night.

Personally i think 2 weeks is too young but, do what YOU feel comfortable with x

I would do it. It is easier for the baby when they are younger tbh... they sleep alot, and I think it is better for them to get used to other people looking after them now and then... It doesnt take away from them knowing who mommy is, so dont worry.

DO IT!! Ive only left jacob twice since he was born and once was the friday just past, i missed him at first but after 2 phone calls and hearing him giggle at the other end put my mind at rest and i got really drunk and had a good time, got back to him in the morning to find a happy smilely baby.

Go enjoy yourself XXX

we're having exactly the same dilemma hun - my mum offered last night to babysit new years eve too but we don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!! x x

i would go for it hun you deserve a night out!! ring every hour if it puts your mind at rest and i bet after a few hours the worries will go away x x

yeh holly u deserve it even if u come back just after midnight gives u a break!

i left jack for the first time the week before xmas he was nearly 6 months x he still hasnt stayed over night any where.

do what ever feels right for u x

I will speak from experience. Let anyone have her that offers! I wouldn't let anyone have Caitlyn and now she is the clingiest baby EVER!

I agree with the girls,take her up on the offer even if you stay at home. It will do you good to get some rest or unwind.
Lola was a month and a half when she first spent the night with her dad and even though it was difficult that first time it did me very good.

:hugs:

I would say go for it. I think Toby was around 3 or 4 weeks old when he stayed over at my mums and I did worry but thats what mums do!! He was fine and I couldnt wait to see him in the morning. xx

Do what you feel comfortable with hun...i left my LO overnight for the first time when he was 3months old...and that was because of a situation i couldnt get out of, he stayed with his daddy overnight, i kept calling however deep down i knew he would be happy with his dad...do what you feel comfortable with...iv only left my LO twice at night and that was with his dad and he is a happy little baby...:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->