Leaving her so early ..

Personally I wouldn't want to leave a 2 wk old baby for the evening let alone over night. What do you think yourself deep down?

Although the idea of a night's sleep sounds good, one good night really keeps you going!

I left her with my mum for a few hours when she was about 5 days old so i could finish the christmas shopping. I missed her but i was fine, then again it was only a few hours.

Im tempted to ask her to have her for the entire day rather than have her in the evening then to sleep over. something seems to be bugging me about leaving her at night.

Go for it, you deserve it. Have some fun, get some sleep. Brooke will be none the wiser.

I'd go for it. But that's only speaking from experience. I still haven't had a night away from Caitlyn though :(

My elder two stayed at my Dad and sisters a few weeks ago for the 1st time ever.....they're 4 and 6 years old:blush::rofl:. They've never stayed at my Mums or hubby's parents

I've never left any of mine until they were at least 5 or 6 months and even then only for a few hours and with lots of expressed milk in the fridge just in case. Maybe I'm too overprotective but I'd rather stay in cuddled up with my babies than go out to a pub etc for New Year and be bumped about etc. I know I'm getting old now:blush: but I was only 24 when I had Lauren and felt the same then:dohh:

Its really up to you. If you think you will be miserable, then theres no point.

But the break would do you good hon xxx

My friend left her one week old with her mum for a week while she and her hubby went to spain! i could not do that!! but then again, Jack has never slept out before lol, but i think you should go for it hun everyone deserves a break!

I definitly would not leave my baby at 1 week old, but that is just me. This is a time when you are still bonding, when a baby needs her momma

It will do you the world of good! And also time spent alone with her daddy is good for her to in a way. You can always call and check up etc. is only one night and you can always give her extra you and her time in the morning!

My friend left her one week old with her mum for a week while she and her hubby went to spain! i could not do that!! but then again, Jack has never slept out before lol, but i think you should go for it hun everyone deserves a break!

Your friend did what!????

I think its pretty funny when people say they need a "break" when their baby is a week or 2. My daughter is over 6 months, and I havent left her for longer than an hour. I would love a break. But 2 weeks? A break at 2 weeks should be someone coming over to watch you child so you can nap, not leaving her for a night...thats just my opinion

I think its pretty funny when people say they need a "break" when their baby is a week or 2. My daughter is over 6 months, and I havent left her for longer than an hour. I would love a break. But 2 weeks? A break at 2 weeks should be someone coming over to watch you child so you can nap, not leaving her for a night...thats just my opinion

Hmmm...isnt a more happy relaxed mummy better than a exhausted one? However long the break is for?

i personally wouldnt have left her at 2 weeks, but i know people who went out and left their LOs at that age. my mum and dad took katie to the park on xmas eve so we could get housework done and i was so grateful! atm i couldnt leave her for longer, but we're going to leave her with my mum and dad on OHs bday in a couple of weeks, just for a few hours.

one of my mates has a LO 2 weeks older than katie and her mum's taking the baby away for new year!

only you know how you feel and how you'll be leaving her

Hunny you do whats right for you :hugs:

I left my eldest daughter at 3 weeks old for a day, night and day to go to a wedding I couldn't get out of (best friend). The wedding was 200 mile away so we stayed over. I was nervous but so long as you trust who you leave her with then no problems :) I went, talked about her all day & night, rang when I needed to and enjoyed myself :shhh:

Get your mum over in the day when you're around, thats what I done the day before.

:hugs:

I'm having the same problem but my OH's parents offered to look after the baby before she was born on NYE. I agreed to it because I honestly did not think that I'd feel so horrible about leaving her, but they're so excited about it that I feel I cant really go back on it now. I'm just going ot have to suck it up and try and enjoy myself (While ringing the house every hour, and possible showing up at 2am at their house to steal her back!)

It is exhausting looking after a newborn baby, and i think the very early weeks are when you need a break the most. It's entirely your choice that you havent left your daughter, but if PP's got someone she trusts to watch her, then if she feels able to let her, she should go for it. She could have a particularly difficult baby for all you know.:)

holly sweetie, you must do whats right for you and carl and whatever YOU feel comfortable with. i left maddi over night at my mum and dads at about the same age and up until my nan got really sick before she died recently they were having her over night every 2 weeks. just so me and james had some us time. we're very close and maddi LOVES that time with mum and dad, and loves and still does spending time with my gramps and my nan before she passed away. i believe its entirely your decision and certainly don't feel bad, do what you feel comfortable with it honey. me and maddi see my mum most days and once a week i leave her with mum so i can go have my nails done or something, i come back soooooo much more refreshed, i miss her, but she loves my mum, but the boundaries are never crossed.

sorry this is sooooooo very long, enjoy your new yr what ever you decide honey :hugs: x x x x

id do it hun it even if you dont go out it will give you a rest and you and brooke will benefit as she will have a refreshed mummy in the morning.
main thing is tho is if you really dont feal comfy then dont do it xxxxxx

We left Seth for a few hours when he was about a week and a half old. My parents offered to take him for the night and I had the same worries as you, but looking back now I wish I had!!

He was far too young to miss me or understand about that from what I remember. He would miss me now he's a bit older and he knows who we are... not that she doesn't know who you are if you know what I mean? But Seth is much more alert and aware now and when Im not there he makes a big fuss because of it, whereas when they're that young if they make a fuss I dont think its from missing you, if you know what I mean?

I hope that didnt come out nasty lol I know what I mean just cant work out how to say it.

xxx

id do it hun it even if you dont go out it will give you a rest and you and brooke will benefit as she will have a refreshed mummy in the morning.
main thing is tho is if you really dont feal comfy then dont do it xxxxxx

well said, thats what i was attempting to say in a rather long winded way!! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->