LeeAnne Elizabeth--February 27th 2009 (LONG!)

pinkmac85

Mom & pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Well after a long 2 month struggle with high blood pressure my doctor decided I needed to be indced because there was protein found in my urine and my BP was becoming alarming! So on Thursday February 26th at 7am(38 weeks) I was told to go to the hospital and they would start my induction!

We arrived at 6:30am to get all the paperwork done. They brought us into a public room because they didn't have any private rooms available at that time and said they would be back to start the process.....only they forgot about me and didn't come back until 11am! I probably should have spoken up and said something but I just assumed they were busy with another labour! So OH and I just sat around in the room, watched some tv, talked, slept a bit! At 11am my doctor came in and said they were going to insert Cervadil into me to get the process to start! He warned me that it could be 12 hours tho before anything really happens. He was hoping it would at least get me to 1cm and thin out my cervix so they could break my waters!

Instantly after inserting the cervadil I was feeling slight cramps on and off and a lot of discomfort!! By 2pm they had a private room available and moved us down (thank goodness because it was so warm and stuffy in the public room!) Not much happened tho from 2pm until about 10pm! I was having contractions every 4 minutes and they were strong and hurting me! At just about 10pm I had asked the nurse for some demerol because I needed something for the pain! I was having contractions BAD but they were in my thighs, it felt like I had worked out for days without stopping! Just as the nurse was about to give me the demerol in the bum cheek I felt a little pop and I asked her "Um did I just pee myself!?!" Nope it was my waters! I was so excited that it happened on its own rather then the doctors having to break them for me!! It was the WEIRDEST feeling EVER! It just kept coming out more and more, started leaking all over the floor. I couldn't stop laughing!

After they cleaned it all up they gave me the demerol shot because the contractions were getting really bad! And basically from here on out I don't remember much! I've never had any sort of drugs in my system before and let me tell you the demerol drugged me out soooo much! OH took a video of me and I'm going on about how I'm flying and floating on clouds! I was sooooo high! I really don't remember anything past that point until about 12pm on Friday afternoon when they took me down to the labour room to check me where they then decided to tell me "You're only at 3cm but you are having contractions on a pain scale of 8-9cm! We need to do a csection otherwise this baby won't be coming out!" I was sooooooo upset that after almost 30 hours of labour I was only at 3cm and that the doctors said I needed to have a csection otherwise it could be another 30 hours!! The worst part was that apparantly at this hospital if it's not a booked/planned csection they have to put you under for it! When I found that out I cried and cried and cried! I hated the idea of having to be put asleep and OH having to wait in the nursery!

At 4pm they took me up! I remember being layed down in this tiny bed, they strapped my legs in. "I kissed a girl" was on in the background as they were getting me ready! They started to prep my tummy and I remember the nurse holding my hand saying how everything was going to be fine and when I woke up I would have my son or daughter! Then they turned the IV on and I was out within 2seconds only to wake up in a recovery room where they kept asking me where I lived and telling me we had a baby girl...I had nooooo idea!! I didn't even realize I had a baby or was even pregnant for that matter! It was a rough recovery and a really rough first 12 hours! I didn't want to hold LeeAnne or feed her! I had no idea what was going on! Finally tho after some sleep I woke up to hold my baby girl! It was such an amazing feeling getting to see her! She was sooooooo alert from the time they brought her down to the nursery to my OH (or so everyone says and from the pictures they took) she had her big bright blue eyes open just looking around everywhere.

To this day it still upsets me at how it all went down! I never got to hear her first cries and screams! Didn't get to feel her on my stomach for the first time, wasn't the first one to hold her. It's been hard for me to accept that BUT in the end my baby girl LeeAnne Elizabeth was born perfectly healthy on Friday February 27th 2009 at 4:36pm weighing a TINY 6lbs2oz 18 inches long (takes after daddy and has short lil legs! lol) . And when I say tiny I mean tiny! She has such a tiny bone structure that she is in premie diapers and premie clothing lol

1 Day Old
https://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/pinupazz/babyleeanne026.jpg

3 Days Old..Leaving to go home..yayyyy!
https://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/pinupazz/Stufffromtammyscamera226.jpg

3 Days Old..Leaving to go home..yayyy!
https://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/pinupazz/Stufffromtammyscamera229.jpg

She's absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations! :)

Congratulations on such a beautiful baby girl, she's adorable - actually nearly cried at the sight of her! i'm sorry your birth was so traumatic but hope your bundle of joy has made up for it

Glad I got the full story now! Even though I knew bits and pieces. You definitely didn't tell me about your high! :rofl:

She's gorgeous Em! :)

Congrats again!

Aww hunni shes so worth it she is the cutest thing ever! x

Awww hun sorry it wasnt how you imagined but look at them pics shes loverly well done . xxxx .

Shes beautiful hun! Congrats and enjoy!

A perfect little baby girl :) She is super super suuuuper cute! I bet you are on :cloud9:

Oh my gosh she is so cute!! What an adorable little face she has. I'm so sorry that things didn't plan out how you anticipated them to but at least you have a healthy, happy and gorgeous little girl! Congratulations xx

CONGRATULATIONS X
she is lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"