left ovary tender to touch

missjames90

1 angel baby
Reaction score
I have had uterus cramps (dull ache) and cramps above my pubic bone since Dec 7 now my left ovary is tender to touch

Given you've had pain for a month I think I'd asked to have it checked out.
Could be a small cyst or something. I have a small cyst that doesn't bother me, my friend had one that was bugging her and when they were in they found one the size of a grapefruit on the other side.

From my extensive experience and recent cyst rupture, my bet is its a big cyst. My cyst on the left side was as big as a basketball, and then there was a cantaloupe size one on the right.

They will give you BS pills to reduce it. Hugs..... It hurts but it will be okay.

Hi ladies I've had cyst since I was 16 years old I've had the ruptured I've been given medicine for them but this is not pain its just tender to touch

You convince me even more that you should get it checked out. TBH I wouldn't know what I was touching if I poked or prodded my body. Could you have bruised it?
I'm sure cysts can give different pain depending on what's happening with them. The pain that alerted my friend to her cysts they concluded was the cyst twisting the ovary cutting off its blood supply.
Your body is also very complex you might think it's your ovary but it could be something else - no chance of an etopic pregnancy? Or could you have endometriosis?? In your tubes?

Regardless of what anybody online thinks if you are concerned you should get it properly checked out.

You convince me even more that you should get it checked out. TBH I wouldn't know what I was touching if I poked or prodded my body. Could you have bruised it?
I'm sure cysts can give different pain depending on what's happening with them. The pain that alerted my friend to her cysts they concluded was the cyst twisting thie ovary cutting off its blood supply.
Your body is also very complex you might think it's your ovary but it could be something else - no chance of an etopic pregnancy? Or could you have endometriosis?? In your tubes?

Regardless of what anybody online thinks if you are concerned you should get it properly checked out.

Etopic crossed my mind also I'm going get a pregnancy test my mom said she had this pain during her pregnancy with me and it was a CL cyst so I'm going to look that up

wow...

my doc kept me under serious control when my cyst was 2.8cm as if it goes above 3cm they had to operate!!

i recently moved to another country, just went to the GP for sever pain on my right ovary..hope i didnt sound like a crybaby..

Nobody has mentioned monitoring my cyst they seem to think it will go on its own as apparently that is common but the only reason I know it exists is being ultra sounded for fertility treatment.

However No doc will consider you a cry baby for having pain in the ovary area. It's actually very difficult for medics to workout the exact source of abdominal pain. An ovarian cyst / swollen appendix can give the same pain on the right side given they are right next to each other. My friend went into theatre with suspected appendicitis came out without her ovary and a cyst on the other side removed.
I burst my appendix and they didn't know what the heck had burst, ovarian cyst, appendix, or stomach ulcer. They ruled out ectopic on the basis I wasn't sexually involved at the time. But I have a 4 inch scar because they "wanted to make one incision and be sure to get to the problem".
So Docs will treat pain seriously.

Well ladies the pain has calmed dwn its not render to touch I called my Dr and she said sound like a corpus luteum cyst to her and I have an appointment schedule in a week to check it out

Well ladies the pain has calmed dwn its not render to touch I called my Dr and she said sound like a corpus luteum cyst to her and I have an appointment schedule in a week to check it out

Glad its better.....it will turn out just fine. Cyst hurt a lot, but at least your is just clear fluid based and most likely to go away on its own. Thats ALWAYS a good thing!!!:happydance:

turned out the pain i thought to be my cysts was actually an abnormal growth in my uterus. will find out what kind and how to remove it tomorrow. im soooo freaking anxious!!

Hugs, Lavendele, at least you've had it checked and they know what they are going in for. Seriously it is so difficult for medics to work out what is the source of abdominal pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->