Leg pain at night?

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
Hi all,

The last week or so I've started getting pains in my legs at night, I'm not sure they are cramps more just a bad ache from my hips down to my calves.

Frustrating as I try to stay on my sides at night which is now painful but I don't want to go on my back as I know it's not good for many reasons.

Any advice on what is causing it and how to stop it or is it just one of those pregnancy things I have to cope with?!

I

I also would like to know if there's any way of stopping this! I asked my mum about it the other day and she said it could be a combination of pressure from laying on your sides all the time (makes sense as I favour my right side and that's the side I get pain on) and the loosening of the ligaments and everything in the pelvis and hips.
I have found that sleeping with my legs pretty much straight and a fairly plump pillow between them has helped a bit but not made it go away completely. Hope that helps a little bit :) you're definitely not on your own though :hugs: xx

That's funny as I do very similar, straighten my legs as it feels like they are getting stretched out, pillow between legs. I have just been googling and a couple of people have mentioned eating a banana before bed - something to do with a drop in potassium at night being a cause.

Haha great minds obviously :winkwink:
Oh I hadn't even thought about it maybe being something like this. Think I'll give it a go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->