legionnaires disease

We stayed in Edinburgh last week for the week in Leith. I have done a bit of research into it as it worries me with my daughter and me being pregnant and it says on many sites that its very rare in children, mainly in men. They are also saying now that the numbers of affected people have really slowed down. I think you'll be ok x

Hubby is in charge of all the safetly on two oil rigs, so he knows quite a bit about this sort of thing and he's asked me to keep the kids away from that area if we go shopping :shrug:

Went to see the gp who basically said it's a risk we have to take...what the hell?he also checked the latest advice on the daily record website and not the nhs lothian one :dohh:

wow I'd be slightly concerned if my doctor was getting health advise from the daily record :wacko: x

we had legionnaires out break like 3 times whilst at university ...as pp said i think ppl only at risk when in close contact with it and have underlying health issues.

Harveysmum - where u heading to...any where nice?

I am in the South West of Edinburgh where the outbreask is and I am not paying any attention to it. Neither is anyone else I know.

NHS Lothian have put a leaflet through the door today and it says Legionella is extremely rare in children and there are no current cases in this outbreak in anyone under 30 years of age.

I really don't think you need to worry if you will be on a train in Waverly for an hour. NHS 24 are useless to the extreme.... not suprised you were worried after talking to them!

Did they realise that you are actually on the sleeper and not even out in Edinburgh itself? I don't know anyone who has been put on antibiotics as a precaution and we live here!

Yep,said the sleeper,as from googling apparently it takes about an hour to separate into the 3 trains.if we had just literally been passing through I wouldnt have worried :)xx

My other half works in the affected area and not even they have been told to do anything more than bottled water. And that's now been lifted. Although I will admit, I may of gone over board when the outbreak was first reported and made him take tap water from ours so I at least knew the source!!

We live smack bang in the area, our leaflets say that under 30s aren't at risk and the main risk is to men over 50. There's no need to boil water , in fact, it pretty much said there's bugger all we can do :haha: you'll be fine! Like a pp said, it's only really affecting our residential area

I was concerned that Alex would be at risk too :/ but nope

Midori I had no idea you lived so close to me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"