Lego or playmobil or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairelou44

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my 4 year old and 6 year old something different that they can play with together, we don't have any Lego but sometimes they get some of their old mega blocks out and play with them for hours so I'm thinking maybe Lego - but don't know where to start there seems to be so many sets, then someone suggested playmobil but they have quite a few playsets similar already.
What's best for this age?

My 4 year old absolutely loves lego as does his 7 and 10 year old cousins. We started with the basic tubs (which is just mostly the wee blocks themselves, and since have bought the wee cars etc, nothing any more than £20 as I know he will eventually mix it all. Other than that he loves the lego men too :)

My 3 year old loves lego. Id say go for a big mixed box. Can get them for about £15. Or wilko do their own stuff called blox. You can buy the sets for a couple quid each or you can fill a box - like a pick and mix. Its also compatible with lego so deffo worth it, even if its just to start off with to see how they like it.

I would also go for lego - I like that it feels like it's educational, and has a creative element, and is also great fun. And something which will last a long time if they get into it. Hayden has a few sets already, and we have got him more for his birthday/ christmas. He has a range of sets from the juniors range (age 4+) to some for age 6-12! The ranges are really just a guide, he needs a bit of help to build the sets properly, but is learning to follow the instructions, and we have got him a big box of bricks etc for him to get creative with for christmas, plus a book of 'ideas'.

I would exercise caution with the cheaper copies - my nephew had a police car which he would get terribly frustrated with, as it would just fall apart all the time. Check the quality before you buy!

Another fan of lego here (even though my LO is too young for it but my niece/nephew love it and so did I growing up)

As others have suggested get a generic box so they can use there imagination and then maybe a small set each of something they are really into.

We got this set from ASDA to put away for when lo is old enough when it was on £15. It's loads of different bricks and comes with a booklet of different ideas of things they can make.

https://direct.asda.com/LEGO-Creati...-Box---10681/000772929,default,pd.html?dual=0

Playmobil is difficult to store! Lego all the way.

my oldest is 4 and i have bought him lego for xmas
got him the lego junior sets and a big tub of blocks from argos

i also have bought a few blox sets from wilko. i've heard bad reveiws but i got them on offer and it's a good way to gauge wether he'll be into it or not. If he is i'll invest in more lego.

Lego and a small set of playmobil. Agree on the big box of blocks set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"