Legs high or side and how long?

jodse80

TTC baby numero uno!
Reaction score
Hi, have read conflicting stories, is it better to raise your legs (straight) inthe air after sex or to bend them to your chest or to lay on your side with legs straight or bent up! Have read all of these and curious to know what people do. Also how long after should you lay there, i usually try for about 15mins but is this too long or short??? Thankyou for any help!! :dohh:

It doesnt even really matter hun, the sperm travel quickly. 10minutes wont hurt which is how long Ive been told to wait. As for your legs lying flat on your back it probably the easiest and it doesnt really matter.

i lay there for 30mins afterwards xx

I didn't lay down at all, I really don't think it matters too much.

thanks everyone Im usually desperate for a wee by 15mins anyway so not sure I could hold out for 30 like you caz81 :)

I laid on my back and ended up falling asleep, but I've also laid with my legs in the air, on my side, on my stomach, so I'm not sure if it means anything, but not getting up right away was a good idea, just even a couple of minutes, but nothing too outrageous.

I normally bend my legs into my chest for about 20 mins but from what iv heard it doesnt really matter to much because the sperm are fast little swimmers!!

I lay with a pillow under my bum for 30 mins

Last month I just laid there - no bum in the air (which I have done before btw) We tried to lay there for 1/2 hr usually - used the time for pillow talk! A few times last month I fell asleep & once was up within 10 min to pee.

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure the day I got pregnant was the time when me and my husband had sex and I just went to sleep straight after, no pillow under the bum. It's not nice to go to sleep without cleaning up beforehand and I'm pretty sure doing this has given me a urine infection but if it gets me pregnant again, I'll try anything!

I lie on my back for about 15mins with my feet flat on the floor and try to tilt my pelvis up...............dont know if it makes a difference but will give anything a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->