Leighton's arrival, 19.1.11

KellyMomma

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Well my little man has finally arrived.....after 44 hours in labour!!! Managed to go the entire 10cm on just gas and air and then had to have the epi for the last phase 'pushing'. I was exhausted and delirious from so much gas and air and at one point sleepily asked for an elective c section as i was so tired hahaha my mum just laughed and said no dear thats not why you have a c section! I got so stoned on the stuff i chatted up two doctors with my OH sitting right next to me!!!

The little bugger was 6 days over due and did not want to come out; even when labour started he was still reluctant and i ended up having a hormone drip because they tried to break my waters to speed things along and realised they had already gone....there was that little water nobody seemed to have noticed hours previously!

The pain was imense as he was back to back and i had to sit on all fours rocking him into position. It had been 7 hours and i had only dialated a further 1cm! I was devasted. To make matters worse i hadn't been the toliet in the past two days so that made the pain even worse....luckily i didn't go during labour, not that i would have cared at that point! hehehe

The midwifes at Salford Royal (formally Hope Hosp) were fantastic and i coudn't fault any of them. I chose the main delivery unit rather than the birthing centre and i am glad i did.

Overall i would honestly say that as long, painful and exhausting the entire experience was, i would honestly do it all over again. My baby boy is gorgeous and i wouldn't change him for the world. I can't wait to see him develop and grow and i love him more than anything in the world.

:hugs: Leighton John Frederick Lee xxxxxxxxx

congratuations, back to back is meant to be so sore, glad you have your wee man now, enjoy :)

Sounds a tough labour !! Well done and congratulations :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"