Leila-Rose Davies 15/02/09

Angelface

Mummy to a princess &Bump
Reaction score
sorry this has taken so long, ive just been enjoying her...

i had alot of problems through out my pregnancy.. bleeding from 6-17 weeks... waters leaking at 20... and protein in urine from 24... which led to endless hospital visits!!! oh and to top that off... i had very bad swelling from 19 weeks!!! cankles doesnt even explain it.

so friday the 13th feb... i had my 39 week midwife app, took my urine sample with me. she took one look at the stick and called hospital to tell them i was on my way. i had +4 protein. my blood pressure was high for me, my booking was 130/50 it was 180/80, midwife told me to take my bags as they'd more than likely start me off... id been told this 2 weeks before by my dr so wasnt taking this for granted.
i got to hospital at 3pm by 6 i got told 'ur staying the night dear!' i was admitted to maternity ward and was told to wait for drs to come spk to me.
i was given a large tub and told to keep all my wee for 24 hours... how glam!! they wasnt inducing me 2night.

14/02/09. went to grab some breakfast, hadnt slept all night. hubby arived at 9 and now we wait for dr to do the rounds...
A lovely female dr came and checked me and immediately told her other 2 dr's to clear a room in delivery.. i was going up now! the dr's was saying to her theres only 1 bed and u'v just sent 2 other people up... she told them they could fight over the next one as i was going now! lol. i got to delivery and the midwifes there were brilliant!!! explained everything i was given a pessery to start me off. after an hour they checked me and i wasnt dilated at all.. i was told i'd need an epidural at 1cm as they could then keep my blood pressure down and i was already prepped if i needed to go to theatre.

i went down to the food court as hubby was starving.had to be taken by wheelchair.. got down there and i started having contractions!!! and felt faint.. at 9 the contractions had really built up so they gave me pethadine, which made me throw up. so got given gas and air(oh my god its brilliant) at 1am they decided to check if id dilated was told id need to be at least 1cm, to break my waters. which i wasnt, i felt like such a wimp.. they said they'd come back at 5.. so 5 am comes and im 1cm wooo!! so they break my waters, i passed out at the pain lol,

they checked me at 9, and im 4cm... a stretchy 6cm. what ever that means.

12pm comes and im FINALLY 10cm!!! so an hour of pushing and nothing!!!! im told if i dont have this baby by 1.30 it wud b a section!! which i really didnt want.. at 1.45 im taken to theatre and given a forcept delivery!!! was cut and ripped to the back! baby was delivered straight on to my tummy and me and hubby cry, she arrived at 2.02pm weighing 7.9lb!!!

shes absolutely beautiful, i never thought id fall inlove again...

Attachments

• leila delivery room.jpg
    leila delivery room.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 56
  • leila.jpg
    leila.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 66
Sorry to hear you had a rough pregnancy and long labour but Leila Rose is adorable, congratulations hunni xx

Congratulations!! Where did you have her? Bedford?

addenbrookes id defo reccommend it!! x

Congratulations x
she is sooo cute x

Congratulations on her safe arrival, she is gorgeous.

sorry to hear that you have problems but they are now gone and you have your little princess. She is beautifull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->