Lentil recipe help please

PrettyBonk

Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom
Reaction score
I have a bag full of lentils..does anyone know of an easy recipe with ingredients that can be found in most homes lmao...I love lentils and would like to try different recipes than my own.
Thanks!!!!!!!

I make Dahl. Well my version of it. Its like a lental curry
Dont do quantitys though just play it by ear and keep tasting.

Fry some onions and some garlic, add some ginger,chilli powder,cumin,ground corriander seeds. Fry for a bit and add the lentils, fry for another few mins so they are coated with the spices and then cover with some veg stock and simmer untill the stock is absorbed and the lentils are cooked.

mmm dahl's yummy.

My baby really likes red lentils and butternut squash. It does taste good i must admit but then i've never eaten it as a main meal...maybe some chicken or somethin would go well with it.

I looooooove this lentil soup recipe!!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lentil-soup-recipe/index.html

It has pasta noodles which makes it even extra yummy. I add both Parmesan and mozzarella cheese shreds on top and let it melt off a bit when finished.

Ooh, yay!! People eat lentils!!

We grow lentils so I get excited when people (other than farmers and people in India) eat them :) EAT LOTS!!!

Lentils are really wonderful...I make a delicious lentil banana loaf! You don't even know they're in there...it's a great way to sneak lentils into my husband (who hates them!) without him knowing. And lots of energy for athletes before a game or something.

1/2 c butter
1 c white sugar
2 eggs
2 mashed ripe bananas
4 T butter/sour milk
1/2 c lentil puree (see below)
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c walnuts

Cream butter, sugar. Add eggs. Add bananas and beat. Add sour milk and puree. Beat. Add vanilla and dry ingredients. Stir. Add nuts.

Well-greased loaf pan. 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

Lentil Puree - use in loaves, cookies, chowders and soups!

1 c lentils
2.5 c water

Wash lentils. Cover in pot with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes until lentils are very tender. Drain and save stock. Add a bit back into the lentils as you blend - add enough to make the puree about the consistency of canned pumpkin.

Good luck! Mmmmm, I want to make some banana loaf!

Oooh sounds good. I bought a bag the other day to make for Renah but haven't gotten around to it yet! Gonna use some for myself too I think

Ooh, yay!! People eat lentils!!

We grow lentils so I get excited when people (other than farmers and people in India) eat them :) EAT LOTS!!!

Oh never actually thought what way do lentils grow?

I love carrot and lentil soup with a big slab of crusty bread yum :happydance:

https://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/crop763?opendocument

Lentils grow in pods on a short stalk. When they mature, farmers usually cut them down and then the plant dries out. Then we come with a big harvester machine, and it separates the plant parts from the actual lentils. Then the lentils get put into big bags and shipped to people like you! :D

I could take a picture of our field of lentils, but I found this short document ^^ on lentils when I did a google.

Check it out if you want :)

I live in Spain and we eat them a LOT here. What I make is so simple - chuck the soaked lentils in a pan, then the veg you want. I usually chop onion, carrots, potatoes, parsnips, leeks and celery and any other veg to hand. I often buy a 'soup' pack of veg so I put whatever veg they've added to the pack that day - including squash, cabbage etc. I then add water to just over the lentils, add salt, pepper and 2 stock cubes. Oh, and if you can add chorizo sausage chopped up that is great too. I often chop bacon up and add that instead.

Then I leave it on a while at a low temperature for an hour or so until the lentils are soft enough to eat and the veg is done. It shouldn't really be soup, just lentils mainly, in a liquidy sauce. If you want to thicken it a bit take some out and put it in the blender and then put it back in.

I make a huge pan as it keeps well and can be frozen. It's so filling too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->