Leo's Birth story

CharmedKirsty

Reaction score
After having a bloody show and contractions on saturday night I went to the day assessment unit on sunday morning. My cervix was was closed. So continued doing my normal routine and just dealing with the pains. Took the dogs for a walk. Had dinner at the in-laws. After watching the dancing on ice final I took 2 paracetamol for the pain and went to bed. Shortly after I had another contraction and I felt a pop and my pj bottoms were wet. I said to my DH "I think my waters just broke". So I headed for the bathroom. "Are you sure you did not just wet yourself?" asked my DH. I told him I have now emptied my bladder so yes I'm sure. I decided to phone the hospital but while dailing a strong contraction came on so my DH had to take over. The contraction were coming every 6 minutes. The mw said to wait until they were 4-3 minites apart for an hour and then call back.

The pains got so bad that I was starting to get a little vocal. Bitting down on a pillow was no longer cutting it. The contraction were 4-3 minutes apart but only for 30 minites and sometimes they were 5 minutes apart but my DH rang the hospital back and they said to come in. I got dressed while DH loaded the car. By now it was about 12:20 AM. The hospital was a 25 minute drive away. I was moaning and groaning and I said "I need to push". DH was saying "don't push we are nearly there".

We go to the home from home birth center at 1 am. I was taken to my room. The MW checked my blood pressure and then my cervixs. She said "Your 10 cm dialated and ready to push. I can see your baby's head. You will be having the baby in about half an hour. You have done so well." I had wanted a water birth but there was no time to run it. So holdng the back of the bed using the gas and air I pushed. I was so relieved to be pushing as I really felt I needed to. I could feel the pain getting worse. I said it "really hurts". She then explained its becaused the head is nearly ready to come out. It would only take a few more pushes and when she tells me I'm just to do little pushes. Of course when the time came my DH had to remind me. So with the contractions I did little pushes until I felt relief and I knew his head was out. The MW said with your next contraction his body will come out and your baby will be born. So I waited but it did not come. So the MW told me to push and she pulled and at 2:03AM after 43 minutes of pushing Leo Alfie was born :cloud9: weighing 6lbs2. He was 5 days early.

My DH cut the cord which the MW described as being like cutting bacon rind. I had the injection to help the placenta come out, it took 8 minutes. I needed 4 stitches as I tore on my inner labia.

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/190396_1944195211316_1435583013_2192690_4932389_n.jpg

wow, congratulations he is gorgeous!! you did really well!

Sounds like my first! Well done you've done so well!

wow well done you! perfect birth :) xx

Many congrats he is gorgeous. Love his name, I have chosen Leo as well! x

Congratulations :) you did so well. I was proud of only having gas and air but you had nothing till pushing! You go girl. He is gorgeous xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->