Less pooping at 3 weeks? Too early?

Wugz22

Reaction score
Baby boy is exclusively breastfed... I know it's normal to see less poops between 4-6 weeks but he just turned 3 weeks today and hasn't had a poop in a while... He usually has one with every change, or every other at least! Is this normal?he doesn't seemed bothered by it, I guess? Anyone else have a slow-down this early?

Mickey went three or four days without a poo more than once before he was 4 weeks old. We were seeing a LC who said that whilst unusual, it wasn't unheard of. How is his weight gain? Mickey wasn't putting weight on well so that coupled with the lack of poo suggested not getting enough milk. Turns out my positioning wasn't right. Once that was fixed we started to get poo at least once a day. Xxx

My little one is also 3 weeks usually goes 3-4 times daily has had two times where she didnt poo for 24 hours LC said its normal as long as they are gaining weight

My little guy began pooping only once every other day by about 1 week. It had been just about 24 hours since his last BM when we saw his doctor at his 1 week appt. I was worried so I asked the doc and he said anything goes and to only get worried if he goes a whole week between poos! This sounded crazy to me. But now my son is 3 months old and still going only once every 2 or 3 days and is perfectly happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->