"let down" hurts so bad!

Phantom

Mommy
Reaction score
With my son, I didn't know any better and I thought it was normal for my let down to hurt a lot. But now I'm beginning to wonder if it shouldn't hurt so much. I recently had my second baby and its even more painful than I remember. Is this something I'm just going to have to suffer through?

Sometimes mine hurts so badly it wakes me up, other times its just a tingle.

My letdown was way more obvious breastfeeding my second child. The first time around, it was just a strong tingling sensation, the second time breastfeeding it actually hurt at times it was so intense. It eased up for me.... I'm wanting to say about 3 months after I started breastfeeding. Now I barely notice even a tingle when I have a letdown after 16 months of breastfeeding.

I have the same thing. With my first I had a sensation of let down and with my second I am in pain with each let down. It stops me in my tracks. I am still at early days and have read it gets better. So fingers crossed.

In the beginning, my letdown was very painful. Like needles, actually. Then over time it lessened to tingly...then it lessened even more and I didn't even feel it anymore.

Should I be worried I have no idea what this is? I've been feeding for two weeks xx

HannahGraceee, some women never feel let down, consider yourself lucky!

Mine was pretty intense, I wouldn't say painful, but very intense. I don't feel a thing now though. I hope it isn't worse next time!

How funny is this..

About 10 mins after I posted I fed Noah and a surge of tingles came over my breasts and I actually said.. "Woop there it is" :haha:

Should I be worried I have no idea what this is? I've been feeding for two weeks xx

Ive been bfing for four months now and have never felt a letdown. Thanking my lucky stars after reading some of these replies though, haha.

Mine is quite strong...extremely intense tightening feeling which is only resolved if i express abit of milk from the opposite breast while he is nursing...and weve been nursing for almost a year! But it does get abit less intense as time goes on...ir maybe im just getting used to it!

My mouth would also suddenly water a loooot when letdown happened LOL

Mine hurts too. Wakes me up at night. Had it with my first too.

Went to lactation yesterday and glad I did. so i have a forceful letdown on right breast causing her to unlatch since she can't suck, swallow and breathe correctly. It is also causing her to bruise my nipple since she gets frustrated so it's where some of the soreness is. Between the bruise and the pain and sting of letdown.. She's killing my right side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->