Let's Get to Know Each Other! WTT June/July 2014

Hope I can join you ladies :flower:

My DH and I are planning to TTC end of June/July as well and I must say I cant wait! I am 27 and DH is 31 and we have been married for 3 years, together for 7 years.

Around last year or so, my DH was not on board and he would get nervous about the very thought of TTC. Finally, I feel he is more on board than he was before. Almost everyday he says "let's get some babies out" lol :haha:
I have PCOS and recently I discovered my fasting blood sugar level is at 110 mg/dl, I am a bit concerned about gestational diabetes or developing type 2 diabetes. I am not overweight but have a lot of problems due to PCOS because I am not on any contraception/medication which can alleviate the symptoms!

I am hoping I have a smooth complication-free pregnancy!:thumbup:

Shudknow: thanks for joining! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Eep!! 21 pills left as of today then its contraception free time!!! (slightly scared really excited!!!)

Hi Shudknow! I also have PCOS and last month I stopped eating refined sugars (no more white bread, only whole wheat pasta, no more cookies,...) and I must say I feel a lot more energetic now. I'm planning to keep it up as long as possible, with of course an exception now and then at parties etc..

Had a dream last night that I was pregnant and we were telling my family. My mom started crying and was soo happy. I woke up all excited lol

Comin up quick ladies! Sunday it will be June already. Layin out on the beach with my DH and he says "Hopefully we'll have a baby with us next year" don't know about bringin a newborn out here haha but still warm & fuzzy thoughts :)

That's such a cute thing to say! :)
I just ordered a batch of OPK's and a basal thermometer. Preparations are taking off.
I have been taking folic acid for a while now, but I'll switch to prenatals next week. As those are quite expensive and I eat rather varied, I might just take folic acid one day and a prenatal the next. What do you think?

Also, are you girls all going on a preconception checkup with your doc and dentist?

I actually had my well woman check today and discussed it all with the nurse. She explained that so long as I keep a track of my dates (when I stop the pill, each time my period starts ect,) then there's no medical reason to wait a month between last pill bleed, and starting ttc! Checked my BP (its OK! 😆 ) and just discussed about eating healthy for TTC and pregnancy!
Its getting so exciting now!
I've been taking folic acid since April - what's the difference between just folic acid and the more expensive TTC/pregnancy supplements?

Sooo... I know I have a long cycle and (32-ish days) have not charting my cycles the past few months, but I really believe it's been longer than my average cycle. I am going to start charting again once I finish my AF, but now it has me wondering if my cycle is longer than normal. I'm praying I get AF TODAY so I can finish before my lake trip this weekend. If not, sucks for me.

Once I start charting again, we can TTC which I was hoping would be in June.... doesn't look like it :(

I'm due for my annual ob appt June 26 so I'm not exactly having a preconception appt but will mention that I'm ttc. As far as the dentist I actually remembered that I missed my last checkup/cleaning and never rescheduled soo I probably will try to make an appt there just bc I'm overdue. I've been taking Rainbow Light prenatals and will start a DHA supplement too when I get home from the beach. I know my diet isn't the best so I figured I needed all of the vitamins I could get. I know babies will suck the calcium out of you so be careful if you plan to just take folic acid.

DandJ: I'm sorry! I hope your at least regular if you have to deal with the long cycles!

Those little calcium suckers! ;) I will start prenatals fulltime as soon as I'm pregnant, but you never know how long you might be TTC, so I think I'll alternate until then. As I eat lots of fruit and veggies I would be surprised to have any vitamin deficits.

I hope AF shows up soon DandJ. I'm starting chating next week, hope I get some clear results from that.

Well, June is coming up soon, and I am already on my June cycle. I started to chart last month, to see what's up with my body. I ovulated late into the cycle and didn't have a long luteal phase. I was planning a trip then, though, so maybe it was just stress?
We may start NTNP this cycle. We have some things to buy to finish our bathroom reno, and I'm nervous about that. Does anyone have a house they will probably be renovating and still planning kids? Mostly my house needs the bedrooms redone with drywall instead of plaster. I want one room done before baby needs their own room. I want to start trying for a baby, but am worried about how everything will work out.

Well, June is coming up soon, and I am already on my June cycle. I started to chart last month, to see what's up with my body. I ovulated late into the cycle and didn't have a long luteal phase. I was planning a trip then, though, so maybe it was just stress?
We may start NTNP this cycle. We have some things to buy to finish our bathroom reno, and I'm nervous about that. Does anyone have a house they will probably be renovating and still planning kids? Mostly my house needs the bedrooms redone with drywall instead of plaster. I want one room done before baby needs their own room. I want to start trying for a baby, but am worried about how everything will work out.
We are actually in the process of renovating our master bath too! I stained the cabinets myself, so the only thing left is to fix our drywall/paint, install a new toilet/light fixtures/faucets and install new flooring. We are getting a quote for repairing the drywall, installing the light fixtures and faucets and we have someone who can do our floors for us.

I think it would be best to remodel the must-have's now so you won't be stressing when you're like 9 months along and causing you stress!

Oh and AF showed up today!! Yaaaay! Now it won't be so heavy during my lake trip this weekend and I can begin charting, woopwoop :dance:

We're planning on painting our bedroom and bathroom in a couple of weeks, but other than that our house is good to go. I would try to get as much as possible done now, so that you don't have to stress as much later, but no matter what you'll make it work somehow so I wouldn't worry too much!

DandJ: yayyy! Don't you feel so loved knowing we're all excited for your AF haha. :haha:

We're planning on painting our bedroom and bathroom in a couple of weeks, but other than that our house is good to go. I would try to get as much as possible done now, so that you don't have to stress as much later, but no matter what you'll make it work somehow so I wouldn't worry too much!

DandJ: yayyy! Don't you feel so loved knowing we're all excited for your AF haha. :haha:

:lol: It's not weird at all!!! Makes me feel loved <3

Hi ladies! Can I join you all?
Dh and I decided to start ntnp in the middle of April so I came off the pill then. Its been 6 weeks now and still waiting for af to show up. I think I o'd two weeks ago so we'll see about that.
I had a very traumatic birth with my first so we have now decided to take out insurance to cover me giving birth in an expat hospital this time. So in order to get past the waiting period and have the birth covered we have had to postpone trying until July.
I'm also a teacher (I saw someone else mentioned it!) and was hoping for a late March due date so I could get 3 months maternity leave and two months summer holidays. Its not going to quite work out that way but I'd rather have a better birth experience this time round so its better to wait.

Oh and about us: I'm turning 31 in two weeks and dh turns 29 next week. We've been together for 7 years (on my birthday!) and married for 5. Our dd is 17 months. She is amazing although very headstrong!

Good luck to us all! Can't wait to see all the BFP's coming in.

Welcome Beanonorder! I hope you have a much easier birth this time & that all goes well for you!

So now that's it's June has anyone started officially trying? Where are you in your cycles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->