Letter to recipient.

LavaPanda

Reaction score
Hey there ladies.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope it doesn't come across as insensitive as that is totally not the idea of this.

So, basically.
I have decided to go ahead with a life long dream and become an egg donor. I've got a pile of applications to fill out and I'm so excited!
But there's one common area that I keep getting stuck on:

'If you could send a message to your prospective recipient, what would it be?'

I'm trying to think so hard about what I write. I don't know whether I should write about myself and my life- or whether this is even relevant.
But I don't want to come across as patronising.

Here's all I have so far:

Hey hopeful family.

I just wanted to say I have everything crossed for you!
I can't imagine the journey you've been through, you deserve nothing more than this gift of life!

I found out about egg donation when I was 18 and has been something I've had my heart set on doing for a while. During the wait to come of age to donate, I had my own little girl, and I couldn't imagine life with out her. She's only spurred on my need to do this.
Everyone deserves a chance, right? I just hope I can help you take one more step into achieving your dreams.

If any women out there have gone through using an egg donor, please help me out in what you'd like/like to have to known from your donor.
All medical history and personal looks (hair, eyes, etc) are on other forms.

Thanks so much- and good luck to all hopeful mumma-bears! <3

Lavapada It’s a lovely gesture and for me, who finds out next week if my donor embryos have stuck I would love to know more about the donor, what inspires you and what do you love about life. I know very little about my donor as I went to Greece. You might have more responses if you post on this thread there are a lot of ladies who have babies/pregnant or ttc using donor eggs.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2233749-inconceivable-beyond-232.html

thank you for given someone the opportunity to be a mum :flower:

Personally I think it would be great to include a letter all about you and your growing up life from a child. Some parents do eventually tell their children about egg donors and the child may possibly have questions about your childhood and what type of person you are especially include your medical history, the things you like in life. And then do a second letter explaining why you are donating your eggs. What has given you the idea why and most importantly if you plan on ever having a family of your own now or in the future.
The reason I've mentioned all the above is because at one point in my life I thought I may need a donor but fortunately for me it was my hubby who had low speed count and my eggs were perfect. We had two rounds of icsi with first one failing in 2011 and 2015 been a success after an fet transfer. Healthy baby boy now who is 8 months and we hope to go again with our frozen eggs. Possibly be donating in the future but not a definite yet.
Also fair play to you donating because there is someone out there praying they'll recieve a donor. We'll done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->