• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Letting newborn sleep when they are due to feed?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
Emma is 3 weeks old tomorrow. She was 3.4kg at birth, went down to about 3.1kg and yesterday she was 3.8kg. So she is gaining just fine.

She's spent the last few days cluster feeding but is sleepy today, I'm letting her sleep but my boobs are expecting a baby and I keep getting let downs and leaking everywhere. If I wake her though she is so hard to get back to sleep and then my 3 year old is miserable because I'm glued to the couch all day.

Should I be hand expressing some milk off, or just bite the bullet and wake her? It's 10:09am and she nursed last night at 9pm, midnight, 3am, 4am, then 5:45am-7:30am on and off. I've had 3 letdowns in the last 40 minutes.

Personally I would let her sleep, and express off enough milk that you are comfortable. She's probably in a growth spurt if she has been cluster feeding the last few days.

Will she dreamfeed? I quite often used to pop mine on while they contained to sleep for my comfort

She was asleep in her stroller otherwise I would have tried to dream feed her. I ended up waking her at 10:30 as the leaking was insane! This is the first day I've had leaking.

If she's steadily gaining I say let her sleep! I also second dreamfeeds, they're a lifesaver. Or should I say, boob saver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->