Lexi Mae's Homebirth

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
So I had been given many due date by different techs but they settled on the 20th November. Date anywhere between the 17th - 25th.

Well the 20th had come and gone and I had been booked in for a sweep on monday 28th, but rang up to ask if it could be brought closer as I really wanted my homebirth so it was brought closer to the 27th lol!

Over the 22nd and 23rd of November I had a few twinges but nothing ever came of it, we ate hot currys had lots of sex etc.. On the 24th I lost lots of plug but did not want to get my hopes up had more sex that night.. Oh had agreed to do some overtime on the 25th so instead of going in for 8am he was to be in at 7am, I had ago at him for daring to agree considering I was over due!

soo the 25th comes by Ohs alarms go off for him to get ready for work at 6:15am! I wake up with twinges and annoyed that oh's stupid alarms have woken me up! These "twinges" continue but I still dont think much of them as they have come for an hour and then never returned again on other days.

6:30am oh leaves for work after asking me if I thought I was in labour to which I said nah im fine. Even though they where every few minutes but they did not hurt?

6:50am Oh is now almost at work and I tell him they hurt and that I want him home!

7am I ring the mat unit to ask them to tell my midwife that I am in labour.

7:14am and Oh has managed to defy everything and get home super fast! I have been wondering around getting everything ready, finding towels, sweeping the floor, moving the sofa's!

7:15am my midwife rings me and tells me it will take her about half an hour to get to me but if my waters break or I need to push before she gets there to ring 999!

between 7:15am and 8:10am.. Oh inflates the pool, starts filling the pool, my contractions are every minute or 2 and lasting 30-40seconds but only at the bottom of my bump. We take our last ever Lexi Bump picture;

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/KinKeH_Lesley_photos/baby%202/IMG_1176.jpg

8:10am the midwife has turned up and has taken my blood pressure, checked babys heart beat and posistion and checked my dilation I was 5cm! Im now on all 4's waiting for the pool to get to temp for me to get in when I get to about 7cm? My midwife phones the other to tell her to come as im officaly in labour to find out she is already outside! The other midwife comes in and they ask if I will let a student be here to which I agree so they phone the student then finish unloading their cars. Gas and air, scales etc where brought in..

Between 8:20am - 8:25am

I feel the urge to poo or push! and I tell the midwifes! Atthis point kyle had woken up so we ring my mum to run over to occupy kyle! Im standing up so they cannot check me but tell me not to push yet! they decide I must be ready however and say its now to late to get in the pool the babys waters are hanging out, So i lay on the floor and give a few pushes and Lexi Mae Newson was born at 8:25am in her waters. My mum turned up to occupy kyle just after Lexi was born! She lives a 3min walk away. I was very thankfull to have no tears or grazes considering how fast she came in the end!

The midwifes where very shocked as she was not at all what they where expecting as I was "over due" , when what met them was a small baby, completely covered in vernix, with a placenta which showed no signs of being over due. My little girl is very hairy lol!

Soo Lexi Mae Newson Born at home at 8:25am, weighing 6lbs 9oz, Head Circ of 32cm.

Attachments

• IMG_1178[1].jpg
    IMG_1178[1].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1181[1].jpg
    IMG_1181[1].jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1185[1].jpg
    IMG_1185[1].jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1194[1].jpg
    IMG_1194[1].jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 66
Congratulations! What an amazing birth story :D

Aw great story. She's gorgeous. Congratulations again. Xx

Congratulations! She's beautiful and what a fabulous birth story :) x

Wow, congratulations! What an amazing birth story, so fast. She is gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->