LH strips, 2 1/2 weeks after d&c

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I am really wanting to be pregnant again. I want a family. After the loss of my little girl, I am truly devastated, but now that I have answers, it makes it a little easier, especially since I know it's nothing I did wrong, not hereditary, and very unlikely to be repeated. (She had Turner's Syndrome....she left us at 11 weeks.)

Anyway, I have been watching my LH. Of course, about a week after the d&c I had very faint hCg positives and slightly darker lines on the LH strips. Now hCg is entirely negative.
For a couple days, yesterday and Saturday, I got faint-but-there lines on the LH strips. Today, nada. Not even a hint.

Anyone know what I should expect?
Is this normal?

I don't want to sound insensitive at all, but this is my first miscarriage, so while I have done research, I understand everyone is different. Just curious if anyone has encountered something like this before.

Ovulation strips can have a faint line at ANY time during your cycle...like u said everyone is different..i wish i would more help..some people choose to wait a cycle to begin ttc then some pick right up as soon as they stop bleeding..its more of a personal choice..good luck hun n im sorry to hear of ur losses

I am so sorry for you loss, i have had the same experience with my opk's had a faint line on a couple then nothing for two weeks then they started to turn positive again and now 5 weeks later and i finally have my positive.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

Thanks ladies!
I know LH can come up at any point in the month like that...I was just curious what other women had experienced with the strips post m/c. If they were accurately able to pinpoint ovulation, etc.
I'm still now drawing up complete negatives. It's been 3 weeks since d&c.

Yeah it's normal I think. I started testing about CD11 - I had faint faint lines, then none, then faint, for days. Then bam, suddenly a positive on CD23 and CD24. My ovulation was a week later than normal, and looks like AF is showing today at 15 DPO, bang on time, so looks like I ovulated and my luteal phase was my normal 14 days.

If you got BFN a week after the D&C, your ovulation should be delayed by about the same period of time give or take a couple of days. So depending on when you normally ov I'd say you're not far off a positive. :)

It's quite common to not ovulate the first cycle, I hope that's not the case but if you don't ov this cycle it doesn't mean there's anything wrong. Good luck xx

I don't know what is normal, but I stared using LH strips about a couple of weeks ago (its been 3 weeks since my m/c) and every single one has been blazing positive. So have the pregnancy tests :( Not sure what it means.

:hugs: OPKs are a nightmare! Even though we know that a faint line is still a negative it still gets your hopes up that O might be coming soon. I would say what you have experienced is normal.

I'm hoping to O soon too... We also lost our little girl to Turners Syndrome 3 weeks ago now, although I was a bit further than you at 17 weeks and gave birth to her.

Fingers crossed for our rainbows soon!

I don't know what is normal, but I stared using LH strips about a couple of weeks ago (its been 3 weeks since my m/c) and every single one has been blazing positive. So have the pregnancy tests :( Not sure what it means.

It can take a while for your hormones to go down after a miscarriage - many girls will still get positives for 4-5 weeks after. You could contact your doctor and get your bloods taken and they will be able to tell you if your hormone levels are going down as they should - they need to repeat the bloods after 48 hours.

i had a chemical preg at 4 weeks... i started doing LH tests after the bleeding i got an almost positive then neg then finally on CD19 i got my positive, so just be patient it takes a few more day extra sometime after a mc, i wasnt as far along as you but thought maybe this would help, i will post a pic of my confusing cycle they are each taken separate days, as you can see i've got the faint lines too xx

Attachments

• P1010361.jpg
    P1010361.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g