• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

life after the depo injection

4ever's-homer

Reaction score
might seem like a silly question me being a guy and all, you know having all the wrong equipment for actually getting pregnant myself but....

after the loss of our last child, my wife had a single course of the depo jab even tho it failed us last time and she fell pregnant on it :thumbup: but my question is this does the depo jab affect any subsequant preggars test as now we are trying, she has all the symtoms of the witch but no sign as of yet, on the other hand she has had numerous :bfn: despite the regular :sex:

I gather it can be more difficult for conception after a recent depo so does anybody know how long it takes for the jab to fully leave the system and would it affect tests?

Hi Mr Homer - I don't think it would affect pregnancy tests as it does not contain HCG and I doubt it would impact ovulation tests as it doesn't contain LH hormone.

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/depo.html

Here's a link - it does say that it can take a bit for normal fertility to return and I guess that would very from one person to another - have heard of people being more fertile after coming off hormonal type contraception but not whether this included depo.

Good luck on your quest!

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back