Life With a 7, 4 and 2 Year Old

MrsBeckett

Reaction score
Hey All,

A whirlwind of time with our lovely CRAZY children.. let me introduce our children;

Myla Rose, 7, A 4ft 10 diva! Who is SO intelligent and loves to learn new things! Loves God, Reading and Singing. Hardly sleeps and who thinks she is in her teens!!
Joshua James, 4, A minecraft/Marvel mad little boy who is quite happy to cause absolute mayhem to the flat! And then on the other hand is so cuddly and loving!
George, 2, My step son who we have 50% of the time. Thomas mad, screaming, happy, moody toddler who loves you one minute and hates you the next lol!

So we have a dilemma!! How on earth do I get my 7 year old to sleep!! Its driving me nuts! The littlest one will go to sleep after a few trips back to bed but the other two are non stop. Ive recently changed my routine with our 4 year old, dinner, play, bath, story, cuddles and then he quite quickly drops off to sleep tonight he was asleep by 7:15 which is an absolute achievement! From what it has been. Although my 7 year old can stay awake until 1am! Shes awake at the usual 7am but still that isn't enough to tire her out! :dohh: She will have the same routine dinner, play, bath and I offer to read to her but I get mummy I'm too old for you to read to me I can read on my own. She stays up an hour after the boys as putting them to bed at the same time is a nightmare and doesn't change her sleeping habits. Ive considered waking her up at 5am just to see if she will be more tired at night times but not sure if this will just make it worse.

HHHHHHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!

Our eldest Neli is 9..... and she is terrible she just never goes to sleep she will fart about until midnight some times
I tell her over and over she shares a room with our middle daughter Nancy and she goes to sleep every night by 7pm. Neli clomps around making loads of noise turning lights on the tv on reading books it's never ending luckily nancy is a heavy sleeper. On the other hand the littlest guy sonny is in his own room and she wakes him up then it's impossible to get him back to sleep he thinks it's morning time

I wake her up at 6 every morning and hope that she is tired by half 7 I let her read her book then it's lights off
She is just awful at falling asleep I think it's because she has such an active mind she never doesn't have her head in a book usually harry potter and her imagination is incredible so I think she can't switch off at night

I haven't actually got any tips other than giving them a time between going up to their bed and letting them have half an hour to read or watch TV then set the time for lights off

P.s my step son is also called George he is 9 there is 4 months between Neli and him and they fight like cat and dog he has Autism, dyspraxia and Aspergers so all in all its a mad house here lol

Oh wow! That does sound like a mad house, My daughter is exactly the same she has a great imagination and an over active mind! Finding it very tough!

AH so you've got your hands full there! I think my son Joshua James (4) has some type of autism but having the school check it out at the moment.

So we've just got home from the manic school run and my daughter has decided our neighbours two children should come in for a while to play... so what this really means is the two girls will come in and destroy her tiny bedroom and mummy will tidy up otherwise it will stay that way until the day she moves out :dohh: Never mind I only spent the entire morning tidying and exhausting my OCD sorting toys into certain toy boxes! :cry:

How was your day?

I hate having kids over to "play" haha
Something always gets broken and the house turns into a flippin playground of screaming I haaate it lol

We have also got a puppy she is 6 months old
It is a madhouse but it's like a well oiled machine
Routines are vigorously stuck to or everything goes haywire

My day wasn't too bad shopping checked on my nan full house tidy school runs and a hosp appointment for the OH he is out of work with a major back injury

What is puppy's name?? Breed?? I love dogs but our estate agents don't allow pets boo plus I don't think I could convince the OH to let me have a baby and a puppy no matter how much I stomped my feet haha!

Sorry to hear the OH has back problems :( Hope he is back to full health as soon as possible!

Ok so children returned back home without many hairs falling out my head. Room wasn't TOO bad but did make Myla Rose tidy it up when they left.

Bedtime for JJ has been a success again!! Wahooooo. Now to take the tablet off Myla Rose before her brain goes into overdrive... I was super impressed with her today she came out with the word 'appease' spelt it and defined it. Kids are too clever nowadays!

Hope bedtime routine isn't too bad for you tonight and nobody wakes BUBBA!

All asleep by 7pm tonight lol
It's back to the routine of school etc
The dog is called Raven she is a labradoodle :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back