Ligament pains when walking. Any tips?

AngelUK

Mummy of twin boys
Reaction score
I would like to be more active and go for walks more often so that I can keep a better check on my weight. But when ever I do I get these stitch like pains in my lower bump and they really hurt! So unless I slow down to a crawl or sit for bit, which defeats the purpose, I seem unable to walk much. Anyone else have this? And if so, what can be done? Would a belly support help? But then I am only 17 weeks :/

I get this too! If I keep going it can get really sharp and double me over it's so bad. :( you have my full sympathy on this one. Wish I could tell you I have a miracle cure... But no. I have to stop and rest. Dreading the walking for remembrance in a minute. :(

I get this. It makes me feel really unfit :(
On firework night me and OH went to a big display but we had to do a fair bit of walking to and from the car. It was pure agony :( OH just jokes that I'm really unfit, I even ended up doing the pregnancy waddle to help me get by. I will never look at the hand on back/waddle as being an over reaction. It works!!!!!

My midewife said the ligaments will get more used to being stretched the more you walk. But I don't know how much I'm willing to practice.

I have had this since about 14 weeks. I have even managed to tear a ligament in my groin on the right hand side. My crime? Walking to collect my youngest from school.

The doctor has ordered that I rest and avoid using stairs where possible. However, my midwife reccomended that I get a bump support belt to help with the stitch like pain experienced when walking. Boots do them for about £10

i get this stitch like pain also and have done since around 17 weeks. my OH used to think i was over-reacting and he would get a little fed up cause every five minutes i was asking him to slow down and stop walking until the crippling pain went away. my OH is much more understanding about it now.
i will say though that mine has gradually got less severe as the weeks have gone by but it still happens. im looking in to getting a bump support belt.

dont think theres anything you can do. i get this too but i just tough it out

i get it too... resting is the only thing that makes it go away... dont get much done these days with all this dang pain

Hi Angel UK

I am also carrying twins and get this quite bad, I must say I think it's getting worse as I go on. I am at the hospital on Wednesday so I will have to find out what I can do, I'm really struggling walking at work. x

OMG I had a horrible pain in my hip yesterday at work I thought I was going to die.

I get sharp pains in my bump sometimes when I do my daily cardio workout. Theyare quite painful, and sometimes in my belly button area too. I just stop for a minute and then continue. Don't think there is much you can do about them :(

Thank you all for your replies, was only able to come on today to check them all.

I will never look at the hand on back/waddle as being an over reaction. It works!!!!!

My midewife said the ligaments will get more used to being stretched the more you walk. But I don't know how much I'm willing to practice.

LOL this had me laughing! I noticed that when I straighten up a bit and lift my chin the pain is a lil better for a while at least. But the prospect of getting my ligaments more used to being stretched sounds like the recipe for a belly apron after pregnancy LOL How enticing!
I am going to try the belly support from Boots, thank you SeaThreePeeO. If that isn't going to work then I just don't know what else I can do to stay moderately fit. I don't think starting up Yoga or Pilates now when I haven't done them in years, is a good idea and frankly I am not fond of either, owies!! Ah well.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"