Ligament pains when walking. Any tips?

AngelUK

Mummy of twin boys
Reaction score
I would like to be more active and go for walks more often so that I can keep a better check on my weight. But when ever I do I get these stitch like pains in my lower bump and they really hurt! So unless I slow down to a crawl or sit for bit, which defeats the purpose, I seem unable to walk much. Anyone else have this? And if so, what can be done? Would a belly support help? But then I am only 17 weeks :/

I get this too! If I keep going it can get really sharp and double me over it's so bad. :( you have my full sympathy on this one. Wish I could tell you I have a miracle cure... But no. I have to stop and rest. Dreading the walking for remembrance in a minute. :(

I get this. It makes me feel really unfit :(
On firework night me and OH went to a big display but we had to do a fair bit of walking to and from the car. It was pure agony :( OH just jokes that I'm really unfit, I even ended up doing the pregnancy waddle to help me get by. I will never look at the hand on back/waddle as being an over reaction. It works!!!!!

My midewife said the ligaments will get more used to being stretched the more you walk. But I don't know how much I'm willing to practice.

I have had this since about 14 weeks. I have even managed to tear a ligament in my groin on the right hand side. My crime? Walking to collect my youngest from school.

The doctor has ordered that I rest and avoid using stairs where possible. However, my midwife reccomended that I get a bump support belt to help with the stitch like pain experienced when walking. Boots do them for about £10

i get this stitch like pain also and have done since around 17 weeks. my OH used to think i was over-reacting and he would get a little fed up cause every five minutes i was asking him to slow down and stop walking until the crippling pain went away. my OH is much more understanding about it now.
i will say though that mine has gradually got less severe as the weeks have gone by but it still happens. im looking in to getting a bump support belt.

dont think theres anything you can do. i get this too but i just tough it out

i get it too... resting is the only thing that makes it go away... dont get much done these days with all this dang pain

Hi Angel UK

I am also carrying twins and get this quite bad, I must say I think it's getting worse as I go on. I am at the hospital on Wednesday so I will have to find out what I can do, I'm really struggling walking at work. x

OMG I had a horrible pain in my hip yesterday at work I thought I was going to die.

I get sharp pains in my bump sometimes when I do my daily cardio workout. Theyare quite painful, and sometimes in my belly button area too. I just stop for a minute and then continue. Don't think there is much you can do about them :(

Thank you all for your replies, was only able to come on today to check them all.

I will never look at the hand on back/waddle as being an over reaction. It works!!!!!

My midewife said the ligaments will get more used to being stretched the more you walk. But I don't know how much I'm willing to practice.

LOL this had me laughing! I noticed that when I straighten up a bit and lift my chin the pain is a lil better for a while at least. But the prospect of getting my ligaments more used to being stretched sounds like the recipe for a belly apron after pregnancy LOL How enticing!
I am going to try the belly support from Boots, thank you SeaThreePeeO. If that isn't going to work then I just don't know what else I can do to stay moderately fit. I don't think starting up Yoga or Pilates now when I haven't done them in years, is a good idea and frankly I am not fond of either, owies!! Ah well.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->