Light brown bleeding a week before period?

Leslie735

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a while because my husband and I decided not to have any more children that we were content with the 2 boys we already have. He's almost 30 and I'm 28. So anyway, we have a pretty active sex life and the one month I decided not to chart anything is the month I'm wondering what is going on...figures. So my last period was March 28th and was normal lasted 6 days etc. My periods are very regular every 28-32 days. I know I O'd about a week ago because I had my usual Ovulation symptoms (egg white mucus, little cramping). So I'm not expecting my period for a few more days but about 3 days ago I started brownish/reddish spotting so I assumed my period was coming like usual just early for whatever reason. Well it's been 3-4 days and I'm still just spotting. In the morning it's light almost unnoticeable but as the day goes on it gets a little heavier but still hardly even a need for a panty liner. It's still staying brownish There has been some small clots as well but nothing like usual. Yesterday I had some light cramping and a headache. I usually get a day of moderate cramping the day my period shows and my breasts get a little sore. I just had the light cramping yesterday and a little today and my breasts are sore like normal. Is this just a super light period or could I actually be pregnant? I did take a pregnancy test yesterday (a walmart .88 first signal test) and it was BFN. Anyone have similar experience? What was the outcome? I admit I have my hopes up a little. I had light bleeding similar to this when I was pregnant with my first son but it didn't come until I was 8 weeks PG.

ps I should also add my husband had a vasectomy 3 years ago. So I know the likelihood of me being pregnant is extremely unlikely but I guess you never know. It does happen.

Hmmm, interesting one. I would say either pregnancy or your body tried to ovulate, didn't end up doing it and you are having a break through bleed. The brown is pretty common if the body fails to ovulate, and it usually has a much different texture than normal af.

Same can be said for implantation.

I will say when I don't ovulate I get breast pain, nausea and so on. If your normal af hasn't come on within a week of so I would test again. If you get another bfn I would personally assume you didn't ovulate. On the cycles I didn't o I would gt O pain and ewcm, but my temps would show no rise, and then I would spot for a couple of weeks (3 weeks one time), then next cycle would be normal. So confusing.

Thanks for the reply. Still spotting off and on today it goes from brown to red back to brown, gets heavier like AF is coming then tapers back off. If it doesn't pick up to a normal AF I'll test again this weekend. Thanks!

Keep us updated! I'm in a very similar situation.
My hubby is still a bit scared about conceiving, so we have been using the full out method (somewhat of a compromise). This month I started experiencing dizziness and nausea ~16CD, this was then followed by tender breasts and overly sensitive nipples around 19 days with the pain escalating to sheer torture and obvious swelling by 27 days. Yesterday, day 29, they started to hurt less and I started spotting in the evening. Today, day 30, I have had mild cramping and spotting/light flow that required the use of about 3 panty liners. The spotting has been brown/red and there were some very dark clumps. Plus I been a crying machine the last few days, which is really unusual for me.
All p tests have been negative.
I thought I was pregnant and it was too early to test (my cycle is a bit irregular though it seems to average 33 days), but now I'm just confused and stuck in the am I / aren't I loop of doom.:cry:
I know that everything will become clear in time, but does anyone have words of wisdom now? Even suggestions of how to stop constantly worrying or how to break my constant thinking would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Well mine picked up to a more normal flow. Still not quite as heavy as AF usually is but it's definitely more than spotting and going through regular pads through the day. So I guess this is my AF for the month? I haven't tested again.

Mine is still maybe at a light flow. I happened to be going to the Dr about an unrelated issue anyway today and talked to her about it. She adamantly ordered the blood test. I had decided that I wasn't pregnant and now I have two hours to wait and try to not get my hopes back up.....

:wacko:

Mine is still maybe at a light flow. I happened to be going to the Dr about an unrelated issue anyway today and talked to her about it. She adamantly ordered the blood test. I had decided that I wasn't pregnant and now I have two hours to wait and try to not get my hopes back up.....

:wacko:

What were the results???? :flower:

Well, we got the blood test, and it was a bfn. :( But that means we get to keep trying so I'm looking at the bright side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->