Light brown discharge 8 weeks very worried?

livziem

Reaction score
Hiya, wondered if anyone experienced anything similar?
I’m 8 weeks today (I’ve had a scan a week ago saw heartbeat etc) but today have had very light brown but quite (tmi) thick discharge? It’s not red or pink
Should I be getting very concerned?

I had brown / red /pink blood from 5 weeks 4 days up until 7 weeks 5 days . All is well after the 12 week scan and I am now 18 weeks .

I would keep an eye on it but hopefully it’s just old blood coming anyway . I know it’s so hard not to worry . Good luck xx

Try not to worry. I had that same discharge with 2/4 babies and they were healthy :) It can be caused by lots of things - in my case I had SCH with the kids, but sex and bm’s can also irritate the cervix and cause bleeding that turns brown before it comes out because it’s old

Thanks for the responses ladies, it came as a bit of a shock today and can’t help but panic! Hoping for the best I will call and try to get a scan if it continues x

I had this early on too but everything was OK. Fingers crossed for you :)

Hi I've had 7 miscarriages in total and have never bled in pregnancy.
But with my now almost 4 month old baby boy I had on off pink spotting from 14dpo untill 8 weeks.
I had a bright red bleed at 6 weeks and another red bleed with clots at 15 weeks.
Was so scared but my son was born healthy.
With the bleed at 15 weeks I had to go to the hospital because I thought i was having a 2nd trimester loss.
And they discovered I had a small erosion on the cervix. It's basically a blood vessel and it can be very easily irritated.
Brown blood is old blood.
I lost my first baby at almost 11 weeks and with that baby I had a bleed at 6 weeks had a scan see baby and HB but was told my body was threatening to miscarry.
Bleeding stopped but at exactly 10+4 weeks I started gushing blood.
It was extremely heavy.

Definitely keep an eye on it and get checked out if u are worried but considering its brown it cud be some old implantation bleeding just making its way out.

Good luck I know how scary it is seeing any blood in pregnancy but it doesn't always mean bad news.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, it was only a small amount and completely stopped after 1-2 hours. Nonetheless was anxious as I didn’t have this last pregnancy. I’m not sure whether to bother midwife or EPU as I still feel dreadful all the pregnancy symptoms are still going strong I might just wait it out and hope that was the end of the scare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->