Light Cramping

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by TacoTurtle, Dec 12, 2009.

1. TacoTurtle

TacoTurtle Guest

I've been having some minor cramping off and on for the past few days, but I've also been constipated. With my last pregnancy, I had constant cramping which got gradually worse until I miscarried, so I'm a bit worried about this cramping.

Do I have reason to worry and make an appointment immediately, or should I try to take it easy and wait until my first appointment?

2. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

I felt like I had AF type cramping on and off until almost 6weeks. If you're constipated that's likely the culprit, though if you're really concerned or it's very painful or has spotting/bleeding with it I'd go see your doc/mw to be sure everything is ok. :hugs:

3. BabyL0Ve

BabyL0Ve Guest

I have been having cramps too, on and off and from what I know it's the uterus streching. But if it's really bad and you have spotting you should consider contacting your doc.
    :hugs:

4. mommy-in-june

mommy-in-june Bodhi's Mommy

Hey there... I've had some light cramping off and on, as well as a little light brown discharge here and there. Just had my 13-wk appointment yesterday and my cervix closed, heart is beating like crazy. My dr told me not to worry unless things escalate - heavier cramping, and heavier bleeding. Try to relax! :hugs:

5. TacoTurtle

TacoTurtle Guest

Thanks for the advice, ladies :)
    I think I'll hold off on making an earlier appointment since it comes and goes and really isn't bad at all.

6. RinnaRoo

RinnaRoo Momma to a Monster

It could be gas too. I have the massive gassies. lol

7. Joyzerelly

Joyzerelly Mama to two darlings

I've had niggling cramping a lot, but nothing I want to take pain relief for. I think it's normal early on, something to do with the stretching of ligaments. Good luck!

8. poppykat

poppykat Mummy to Chloe and Mia

I had cramping every day from 5 -12 weeks. Some days was quite painful and others were period like cramps, felt like my period was going to arrive any minute. Convinced myself something awful was going to happen (after having a mc 4 years ago) but midwife said it was completely normal. It didn't stop me panicing and worrying everyday. It seemed as soon as I had my 12 week scan everything got better. Still get twinges now but nothing like I did in the first weeks.

I know it is really hard not to worry but remember cramping is normal unless it is really painful and/or you have bleeding.

xx