Light on through the night?

dollyminxture

Mammy to 1 and expecting
Reaction score
do you leave the light on through the night?

i've left the lamp on through the night since joe was born & was just wondering if anyone else does this? im not sure if its disturbing hubbys sleep but im too scared to turn it off :shrug:

Ruby's room has a dimmer switch and it's on the lowest setting all night, she prefers that.

She has always had it dark mainly because when she used to sleep in our room DH cant sleep with any light, its never seemed to bother her.
Now shes in her own room, if we leave the landing light on she cries until we turn it off!! I think because that is what she is used to though.
I used to have a night light as a child, made me feel really secure xxx

We leave the hall light on until we go to bed (her door is closed though), but then it's lights out! xx

I have a couple of little plug in lights in his nursery but they aren't very bright.

We turn the light off in our room, she likes the dark. But we do have the hall light on until we go up, I don't know that she notices it though!!

we don't have any lights on once shes in her cot and down for the night

i have my alarm clock which has a dim light over my lo's crib its just bright enough for me to see him. he sleeps fine without it when we stay at parents houses

We had the bedside lamp on in the bedroom for the first 6 weeks whilst she was settling in.
Then we bought some dim nightlights and we still use these now at 6 months. we still all sleep in the same room, I'm used to it now so is DH.

We have the hallway light on all night, have done since my eldest was born 13 years ago!!

in the day she sleeps in a light bedroom - ie ; daylight quite happily.
at night pitch black.
accidentally though last night she kept stirring, moving and letting out the odd cry.
left her to it as she never woke up and only at 11pm when I went to brush my teeth did I notice light under the door...OH must have switched the light accidentally when he put her to bed.
poor baby - 60w bulbs shining down on her - hahaha

we have energy saveing bulbs in the landing and leave that light on through the night so just abit of light comes through to the room xx. weve done this since birth as i didnt like the idea of her waking up in the complete darkness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->