• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

light tan discharge after D&C?

Rei

Reaction score
I know I post a lot of questions on this forum but I've been going through the same miscarriage since march. LOL my doctor is doing blood work again to make sure I'm not too anemic as I have been bleeding for about 2 and a half months now.

I had my D&C on the 15th and had some light bleeding until last saturday. Sunday through Wednesday I have had brown discharge. Right now it seems to be a VERY light tan color mixed with some clear. (sorry if TMI) Is this normal? Is this still blood or is this a sign of infection. There is no itching or smell, it's just a strange light tan or beige color >.>

Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs2: I have light tan discharge during my cycles so I would say it is normal. I had a D&C back in February and developed an infection afterwards. The discharge I had with the infection was very smelly and watery. I also had burning when urinating and itching. I went to the doctor's for a swab and when she pushed down on my uterus for a pelvic exam, there was no question as to having an infection because it HURT! I mean I actually cried out in pain which I never done during a pelvic exam before. As long as you're not having any of that, you should be ok. I would have been concerned about bleeding so long but it could be possible that you retained some tissue and your body eventually reabsorbed it or might expel the rest with your next menstrual cycle.

Thank you so much! Yeah she had to do a D&C because my body refused to get rid of the tissue. It's just been a week and 4 days since then and I recently had blood work done to test for anemia.
I certainly don't have that much pelvic pain except for mild cramping every once in a while so hopefully this just means the end of the bleeding XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->