Lightening?

avacadomom

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am 38 weeks and still haven't felt the so-called "lightening". Is this normal? I went to a class and they told me that it should happen around 36 weeks! What does lightening feel like? I don't know if my baby has already dropped without me knowing it.....

I've not felt anything but I read that not all women realise when its happened. Depends how you carry in the first place......

Well I'm overdue and I can't honestly say I've noticed the 'lightening' that everyone talks about. I wouldn;t worry. xx

I've not even heard of this "lightening"! lol What exactly is it?
xx

Is it not just meaning the baby dropping and that you can now breath etc :shrug: if that is what is meant then i've also heard that lots of people dont notice!

I never felt it. I just one day noticed my tummy was low and I could make it up the stairs without being totally winded.

lol they should call it getting heavier... I never had any trouble breathing before, although I used to have heartburn and dont now, but the baby has dropped down a bit the last week or so, and it feels like a watermelon is sitting on your pelvis, cervix and bladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->