likely miscarriage, just want it to be over soon

teaandme

Reaction score
At about 5 weeks I noticed I didn't have the breast tenderness and nausea like I had previously. A few days later I started spotting and then started what seemed like a period but with painful cramps and clots. I had been in contact with my midwife and had an ultrasound at 5w6d which showed a possible gestation sac (4mm), yolk sac and subchorionic hemorrhage and they said they would expect to see more at this point. My hcg was 2100 the day I had the US, 2 days later it was 2950.

Today at 6w2d, the hcg is 3215 so only increased by 9% in 2 days. The midwives are saying its unlikely to be a viable pregnancy but said they can't be certain it's a miscarriage until blood levels and US next week. I wish this was over so we could try again. I contemplated asking for something to speed the process along but didn't.

I'm frustrated, angry and sad. I had an unexpected death in my family a month ago and was overjoyed at the pregnancy. I now see why people stop believing in god and become bitter at their lives.

If anyone has been through something similar, please let me know. This is so hard.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I don't have the same experience to share bc my MC came on fast and furiously, but know that you are not alone in your feelings. It sucks.

I hope you can get some definitive answers soon so you can have closure and move forwards towards healing. It's normal to feel angry, sad, bitter, frustrated, confused... Basically, whatever you are feeling is okay. Acknowledge it, try to process it, and know that this emotional turmoil won't last forever.

Hi teaandme,

firstly, I'm really sorry that you're going though this.

I knew I was going to MC for about a week before I actually did and it's horrible being in limbo. My pregnancy tests never got any darker, my digital was a week behind what it should have been and I was lost symptoms as fast as I gained them. I went to the doctors but in the UK they are reluctant to do much so no scans or anything like that.

I started miscarrying on Saturday and despite knowing, deep down, that it was going to happen, I am devastated. This is my second MC.

Sending hugs and I hope you get answers soon. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"