Lilah May - 20th July 09 -(Long & Dramatic)

shelleylu

3rd Tri - Team Pink!
Reaction score
The longest early labour and the fastest established labour going!!!

Started having mild contractions at the start of the week 13th July in hospital whilst on a heart rate monitor. Tightenings came and went for a few hours until I got sent home where they got closer together and more painful, then stopped at 2am!
The following day they started again. Lasting all day and all evening, getting quite painful, very regular (upto 3mins apart) and then at 2am - nothing!

This continued all week. Getting stronger, longer and more painful only to stop - so frustrating....

Saturday came and after no sleep and a lot of pain I took myself off to hospital to get checked over. Pains had been very regular again, but kept stopping when I moved around. I was told at the hospital my cervix was not dilating. I was given a sweep and told things might get going over the weekend.

Well the pains got stronger, but I was convinced after all the false starts it wasnt happening. Spent all day Sunday walking around and keeping busy. Monday came and no baby still! Lots of pains though, which over the course of the morning became a LOT more intertesting. We decided at lunch time to drop DS off at my mums. We stayed there for a couple of hours timing things. 6-7 turned into 4-5 then 3-4 until I had enough and wanted to go to hospital. Driving there in a mad rush as the contractions got sooooo painful I couldnt talk inbetween them. Pulled up outside the hospital and thought I would give birth in the carpark it was so bad!

I was rushed into a delivery room, asked how I wanted my birth to be and given gas to suck on. After a few wise cracks and giggles I was examined and told I was only 3cms!!

A MW promptly broke my waters which took the pain to a whole new level. I was given pethadine. Babies HB was up and down on the monitor which was soo scary. Unable to joke any longer I felt like wanting to push. I was told I couldnt as I was only 3cm, but they were wrong. Lilah May decided she was coming, and after a few hard pushes her head popped out, swiftly followed by the rest of her. Cord around her neck which is why her HB suffered. To say everyone was shocked and unprepared would be an understatement!

Slow Labour of nearly 1 week - Estalished labour of 1hr! Only on gas, and not a stitch needed. 7lb and perfectly formed.

Pethdaine kicked in as soon as she was born and knocked me out. This was a good thing as I suffered a massive haematoma in my perenium due to the speed of delivery. Due to the lack of care by the staff I was left for 4 hours before it was diagnosed and a further 2 hours before it was operated on. I was given morphinex2, pethadinex2, codeine, paracetamol and entinox, and still lay there screaming in agony only to be told it was afterpains I was suffering.

Over a week on I am repairing. I had to stay in hospital for nearly a week. I had to have a blood transfusion as I lost a litre of blood in the clot because of the time left. I was told by the surgeon he'd never seen anything like it before...

It was all very traumatic and its been very hard adjusting, especially as my stitches resemble a patchwork quilt - and I didnt initially need any.

Lilah May is an angel though, and I wouldnt change her delivery for a second. What happened after was bad luck and even worse judgement. Needless to say I am seeking legal advise...

The rollercoaster started when I got my BFP and hasnt stopped since. God help me when she's a teenager! xxxxxx

Attachments

• DSC00208.jpg
    DSC00208.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 61
Congrats on your little girl, she's gorgeous. Shame the hospital were so negligent in looking after you xx

Sorry for your hospital troubles but she is absolutuly gorgeous (and she has a wonderful middle name like mine!)

:pink:

xxx

She is lovely, Im sorry about the hospital care (or lack of) that must have spoilt an otherwise fantastic experience.

Thanks girls,

Yeah it was such a shame things went pear shaped after delivery, because it was going soooo well till then - well, thats if horrific contractions on gas and air is well...? lol

well we knew it would have to be dramatic from you eh? lol!!

and there we were hoping for a better experience than william!! by the sounds of it, it was better but only marginally!!

glad everything is settling down hunni - congrats she is beautiful. x

Gem, the delivery was amazing really. My mum and OH was there and it was so quick. I'd do that bit again - honest!

As for the rest, well thats different story obviously!

Congratulations, she is really really gorgeous x x

She's absolutely beautiful hon. Sorry about the trauma after, glad yr taking legal advice for it as they were definitely in the wrong xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->