Lily Elizabeth or Madelyn Marie??

Kiss08

Reaction score
As the title indicates, we're trying to decide between Lily Elizabeth and Madelyn Marie.

Here's the meaning behind the names:
Lily: what my name (Susan) means in Hebrew
Elizabeth: was DH's grandma's name
Madelyn: spelled with -lyn after my Godmother Lynn
Marie: was my grandma's name

Hey!

My first thought before I read your post was Lily Elizabeth as I love Lily and dislike Madelyn. Then I read your post and I still think Lily Elizabeth as it is part of you and your DH. I'm going to be cheeky and make a suggestion as I think it would be a truly gorgeous name......Lily Beth......Beth being a shortening of Elizabeth.

:flower:

I think I might nickname her Lily Beth if we did go with Lily Elizabeth. I think it's cute.

Lily Elizabeth is my great aunt and grandmas names a while ago i was combining family name just looking for ideas and i like Lileth as a combination of the two

I have a Lily Elizabeth and its also a meaningful family name :) she gets complimented on it a lot.

Oooo tough choice, both are gorgeous names. Think i'm slightly more swayed towards Lily Elizabeth though. It's beautiful :flower:

Definitely Lily Elizabeth!!!! I love it. It's so pretty.

Is Madelyn pronounced Made-lin or the same as Madeleine? There'd be spelling issues here if they're pronounced the same.

Is Madelyn pronounced Made-lin or the same as Madeleine? There'd be spelling issues here if they're pronounced the same.

Madelyn is an alternate spelling to Madeleine. Madeleine can be pronounced ma-da-lin or ma-da-line. My Madelyn would be ma-da-lin.

I would always assume the Madeleine spelling if someone told me their name was that...I suppose because it's tricky to spell but I've learnt to spell it! I think she may have to spell it out to people.

Lily would avoid that issue! Is Lily Madelyn an option?

I think we want a family name as her middle name. Likely Elizabeth, Marie, or Lynn.

At first I was going for Madelyn Marie as I LOVE the name Madelyn and think Maddy is a cute nickname. But then I read Lily Beth and that is just sooo cute! So my final vote has to be for Lily Elizabeth

I like Madelyn Marie better . Madelyn Elizabeth also sounds pretty tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->