Linea negra or black line

lili

Reaction score
I'm curious.. how many of you have heard about this "linea negra" on your bump. I have one and was told that I'm having a girl (on sono) but have read online that it means that you may be having a boy if it goes all the way down..

How many of you have it? and does it match to your LO's gender??
:wacko:

it has absolutely nothing to do with the gender of the baby. it is just hormones that are causing it.

Exactly as Aquadementia said, I have one aswell, its pretty light but you can just about see it

I've heard about this and so far don't have one, anyone know what causes it?

I've had one since 4 weeks. I'll find out the sex Feb 16th and let you know :D lol

Mine doesn't start from my boobs it starts from my bellybutton down. Apparently that means girl and the whole way down means boy? Not sure though but I'll know if it's right soon. :)

I have a slight one this time, from my belly button down. Never had one at all last time :)

I noticed today looking in the mirror that I have a slight one, but it only goes from my belly button down, and i'm having two girls

It doesnt match black line thing, is only because of the pigmentation of one's skin. It tends to happen in people with african american descent, and other types too.
I had it with both kids, and i have a boy and a girl.

I feel better.. as silly as it sounds.. it just made me think. I was told I'm having a girl and bought things for girls - then someone at work told me I was having a boy because of the line...
God knows why I showed her my belly - never again.....

Thank you all for the replies..

he he...so confusing! though I was wondering why I didn't have line this time as had line from early on with my son so we will see! :)

I have one, it goes from the base of my breast, very high up alllllll the way down to my pubic bone...makes for good pregnancy pics LOL

i didnt have 1 with either of my 2 kids and i have 1 of each :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->