liners.&& Inserts

Callie-xoxox

Mummy Of Lyrik<3
Reaction score
I got a few ebay cheapies.
I am wondering what is that best liner Inserts to use since I know the ones they come with suck.
https://www.bynature.ca/baby/cloth-...erts-doublers-liners/cloth-diaper-liners.html

Do those ones seem good?

Forgive me if I sound patronising... but people have been mixing up liners and inserts lately, so can I just check that you are after liners - thin bits of fabric which go between the main body of the nappy and your baby's skin? As opposed to inserts, which are the absorbent bits that quite often either snap in or (often with ebay cheapies) go in a pocket between the nappy lining and the outer PUL layer. Just none of the Ebay cheapies I've ever bought or looked at have come with liners, which is why I'm checking :blush:

In terms of liners, then I like fleece as they are generally good when it comes to keeping baby's bottom nice and dry :thumbup: I just bought a £2 fleece throw from Ikea and am cutting it into bits, rather than buying more expensive ones :) I also have disposable ones which I use when I'm out or when LO is at her childminder.

I did mean inserts !
Sorry I am new to all this,
What is the best insert?
and does the liner go to the baby skin and the insert goes under the liner?

The insert stuffs into the pocket on the nappy. The liner goes next to Lyriks bum :) Although in the ebay cheapies ithey are quite fleecy lined so you wont need them.

Okayy!
I have never even seen a AIO
So i have no clue what they look like.
I am looking at those inserts you sent me the link to
I think I am going to get them:)

They are really good although you will need to prewash few times ti get absorbency up as they are bamboo. Tbh she might not need them yet as shes still only little. depends if she power wees or not :lol:

I am not sure if she is a crazy pee'er really
She is my first and I never really changed alot of diapers before her.
I will wait on the inserts till I see how she does in just the diaper.
How do you find the ebay cheapies fit?
Lyrik is only 12 pounds will they be huge on her?

They are a bit bulky around the legs cos Avalon is only 9lbish atm but they work well and they fit nice in the waist too. The way i see it is they will also last untill they are bigger so i can forgive a little bulkiness for now as I know they will be less so the more she grows :)

Good way to look at it:)
I think i got 7 of them.
they were super cheap and I know the saying " you get what you pay for"
But i dont wanna go money crazy and then turn out i cant use cloth.

Did you get them from the 97k gallery? They have the best reviews on here :)https://stores.ebay.co.uk/97k-Gallery_Cloth-diapers_W0QQ_fsubZ255000619QQ_sidZ151860829QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Yepp I did:)
they had the best colors and designs.
I got one for 94cents I think.
it was very cheap.

my 6sih month old goes for 2 1/2 -3 hours in an ebay cheapie so i would wait and see how the liners work for you i am getting some spare liners so i can boost for longer periods of time but dont bother at home

Okayy!
I have never even seen a AIO
So i have no clue what they look like.
I am looking at those inserts you sent me the link to
I think I am going to get them:)

Just to clarify, the ebay cheapies are normally pocket nappies although some sellers describe them as AIO :growlmad:

If they talk about a pocket or inserts, it's a pocket nappy. If nothing comes apart and it's just like a disposable, then it's an AIO.

I have LOADS of 97KGallery nappies (The majority of my stash - I can't afford too many branded nappies :()
I have also bought Little Lamb bamboo boosters from ebay (£12 for 10 - free P&P)
I use both the microfleece insert that came with the nappy, and the LL bamboo booster and I find this combination is perfect for us.
Daniel is 3 months, a little over 11lb and we find the nappies last a good 3 hours (sometimes 4) on him.

Oh - here is a pic of Daniel in an ebay cheapie so you can see how bulky they are on an 11lb baby
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs404.snc4/46690_421672886454_646376454_5171918_6211732_n.jpg

That is huge on him!
Do you have t get bigger clothes for him?
Since the nappy is so big?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->