listeria confused *hugs* :P Important

Janis, don;t feel attacked. Your contributions are important and a forum is meant to be a place where you discuss and exchange opinions. Would be kind of boring if everyone feel the same way about everything!
We are just trying to say that yes, you do have to be careful but not take things to the extreme. I think it's worse to eat at KFC, Mc Donalds, Burger King because that's junk, but because everything is cooked then is ok....

Can everyone please remember that the chances of getting listeria are really slim? Yes, we're more suseptable but the more we avoid the more suseptable we're going to get! Some of our grandmothers plowed fields pregnant, and we're not allowed to lift anything. They cut the mold off of potatoes, ate them, and were fine. 100 years ago, if that, women on farms ate salt and smoke-cured meat 85% of the year! These are the same women, like my great grandmother, who had SIXTEEN children.

We put way too much stock into what people tell us to do, and no one in medicine can agree on a right answer. They've all got their own opinions.

Mine is, at this point, if it'll go down - I'm eating it. End of story.

No One was attacking you, Just stating a point that we should be able to enjoy our pregnancy and not worry 24/7 about what we can and cant eat or what we can and cant do, I mean cum on pregnancy is a very special time in our lives.
X

Ohhh Janis hun , Your info is good .And probably very important to canadians .
Iam sorry if you felt attacked :) **Hugs** .
I with many other girls , Just cannot believe how much stuff is getting on the lists now a days and its a shame were under more and more preassure to check everything we eat read labels etc ..
I do hope all you girls in canada are all ok . xx .

I did some googling. In 2007 in Estonia (around 1.3 million people) there were 3 cases of listeria. I'm not too worried about catching it if I just don't eat anything extra risky (live soft cheese from unknown country/producer or raw fish with unknown background).

Can everyone please remember that the chances of getting listeria are really slim? Yes, we're more suseptable but the more we avoid the more suseptable we're going to get! Some of our grandmothers plowed fields pregnant, and we're not allowed to lift anything. They cut the mold off of potatoes, ate them, and were fine. 100 years ago, if that, women on farms ate salt and smoke-cured meat 85% of the year! These are the same women, like my great grandmother, who had SIXTEEN children.

We put way too much stock into what people tell us to do, and no one in medicine can agree on a right answer. They've all got their own opinions.

Mine is, at this point, if it'll go down - I'm eating it. End of story.

Took the words right outta me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->