Little bit of encouragement for ttc 40+

Absolutely!

I have just turned 46, I don't smoke or drink and my FSH is 6.4 and Clomid is working for me on my first cycle so my insides haven't given up the ghost just yet!!! :winkwink:

We can do it ladies!!

Yay Heavenly!:flower: You truly are an inspiration. I just spent yesterday with a friends newborn(3 days old) I can't believe how amazing it was to hold her. I know we can do it!!:happydance:

Absolutely!

I have just turned 46, I don't smoke or drink and my FSH is 6.4 and Clomid is working for me on my first cycle so my insides haven't given up the ghost just yet!!! :winkwink:

We can do it ladies!!

Yay Heavenly!:flower: You truly are an inspiration. I just spent yesterday with a friends newborn(3 days old) I can't believe how amazing it was to hold her. I know we can do it!!:happydance:

I don't think so.....:wacko:...but I try and stay positive. :winkwink:

My best mate who is 43 this year, had her little girl a year ago, it took her 2 years and I am her daughter's god mother and she is absolutely adorable. It was hard when I found out my best mate was pregnant, as I didn't feel the odd one out as we were both the same, in the same boat as it were....so it was tough, but I didn't let it show, and I love being with my god daughter, they don't live locally so I make the most of the time I do get with her. I need to get pregnant soon so they can both be best mates as well!!! :blush:

Heavenly- we will get preggo together. You need to believe it! Just stay positive and imagine it happening.Someone told me before I got my last BFP(miscarriage at 12 weeks) to go out and buy some baby clothes so I could start believing that it was going to happen. Well I bought the cutest little jacket from my favorite place and lo and behold I got my BFP. I know it ended with a miscarriage but it opened my mind to the possibility of it happening.

Heavenly- we will get preggo together. You need to believe it! Just stay positive and imagine it happening.Someone told me before I got my last BFP(miscarriage at 12 weeks) to go out and buy some baby clothes so I could start believing that it was going to happen. Well I bought the cutest little jacket from my favorite place and lo and behold I got my BFP. I know it ended with a miscarriage but it opened my mind to the possibility of it happening.

I do totally agree with you about positive thinking. I am a bit of a spiritualist really, I do believe in sending out good thoughts as much as you can, how good thoughts effect you so much more than you realise.

Here's to both of us!! :hugs:

Heavenly- we will be going through tww soon so we must be strong. Do you chart bbt? I do but I find it stressful at times. Every morning my dh asks how my temp is. Around o I just say my temp says we have to bd as much as we can!!

I had a mc at age 41 in August 2009, after being told that it would be almost impossible for me to get pregnant due to pCOS. Doctors were wrong, and my OH and I decided to try IVF and I spent a good year getting ready (losing weight, exercise, acupunture (couldn't handle the herbs, sorry), metformin for the PCOS, discovered underactive thyroid (now on medication) and ultimately, did not need IVF as fell pregnant naturally at age 43 and am only weeks away from my 'first' baby at 44. In fact, up until two weeks ago, my pregnancy has been fine (I now have some pelvic problems and swollen ankles, but baby is big and I am/was small), so please don't give up hope!

best wishes

ps. I always wonder when I post on the ttc threads, do people mind that I share my story as I am pregnant? but I did have a long road ttc....

Heavenly- we will be going through tww soon so we must be strong. Do you chart bbt? I do but I find it stressful at times. Every morning my dh asks how my temp is. Around o I just say my temp says we have to bd as much as we can!!

No, I never got on with charting etc...I just used the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor, I didn't want to get all consumed and fixated on it. But after TTC for 4 years, I realised that I needed to do more than just the ClearBlue, so my FS put me on Clomid and at least I know that I have ovulated this cycle!

I had a mc at age 41 in August 2009, after being told that it would be almost impossible for me to get pregnant due to pCOS. Doctors were wrong, and my OH and I decided to try IVF and I spent a good year getting ready (losing weight, exercise, acupunture (couldn't handle the herbs, sorry), metformin for the PCOS, discovered underactive thyroid (now on medication) and ultimately, did not need IVF as fell pregnant naturally at age 43 and am only weeks away from my 'first' baby at 44. In fact, up until two weeks ago, my pregnancy has been fine (I now have some pelvic problems and swollen ankles, but baby is big and I am/was small), so please don't give up hope!

best wishes

ps. I always wonder when I post on the ttc threads, do people mind that I share my story as I am pregnant? but I did have a long road ttc....

I don't mind hun, I find it inspirational when another mature lady gets pregnant, especially if it's natural!!

No, I never got on with charting etc...I just used the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor, I didn't want to get all consumed and fixated on it. But after TTC for 4 years, I realised that I needed to do more than just the ClearBlue, so my FS put me on Clomid and at least I know that I have ovulated this cycle!

Yay:happydance::happydance: I hope it works for you this month. Fx'd.

best wishes

Sabrina-Kat,
I loved seeing your post here! Proving discouraging doctors and general alarmists wrong is my favourite thing to hear about. Congratulations!!! It also gave me the idea of checking out other threads for more positive news. Thank you for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->